• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab add a battery (modification)

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Nice post! Thanks for posting pics of your install 👍!

Reaction score
Welling Beach...Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Great article!

I bought a 2022 165 ID with the 300 hp engine and premium stereo. I won't get the boat until next spring, but am concerned about battery drain from the stereo while playing volleyball on a sandbar (still do this at 73...just move a little slower...LOL). I'm having the dealer install a 2nd battery and switch, so I can switch to one battery for playing the stereo, and have the other in reserve for starting. I have dual batteries on my 28' Regal, and it comes into play while over-nighting and running the refrigerator. Hopefully, the dealer does the install correctly!

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Great article!

I bought a 2022 165 ID with the 300 hp engine and premium stereo. I won't get the boat until next spring, but am concerned about battery drain from the stereo while playing volleyball on a sandbar (still do this at 73...just move a little slower...LOL). I'm having the dealer install a 2nd battery and switch, so I can switch to one battery for playing the stereo, and have the other in reserve for starting. I have dual batteries on my 28' Regal, and it comes into play while over-nighting and running the refrigerator. Hopefully, the dealer does the install correctly!
I am sure they will! It only took a few hours for me to do mine, so they definitely shouldn't have a problem! Congrats on the new rig!!! 👍

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I had the dealer install a second before I took delivery of my boat, new. I expected that included the installation of a dual battery switch. Wrong, he just dropped another battery in, and wired it up in parallel. So they cannot be isolated which is the whole point of a second battery. So I found the factory dual panel at Scarab (025-5308) and have ordered it.

025-5308.jpg

And it looks a lot like the one I have currently installed SW Panel).

SW Panel.jpg

The new one is basically the same as the one I have with a diffent switch and the addition of the ACR. My problem is that I do not know how to take the wires from the one currently installed and wire up the new panel. I have looked for a diagram but no joy.

Please let me know of ideas and thoughts.