• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Audio

Cs419

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have a Scarab 165 and want to upgrade from the factory head unit and two speakers. Want the most powerful water-proof or Marina grade subwoofer I can get my hands on. Cut a hole and install an speaker or two between the two rear facing seats and call it a day.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cs419 Welcome to the community! Ill let the audio gurus give you more information, but I can tell you the amps will need to be changed. These amps are under powered for the speakers that are installed, but they are extremely low draw on the battery.

You may want to invest in a second battery system with an isolator before you go forward with a system upgrade. Since you have a 165 with limited space, I suggest to get a small high capacity battery like the Baille. They are small, and last a long time under stress.
https://www.braillebattery.com/index.php/braille/product_batteries/b106

And the mount for it.
http://www.amazon.com/Braille-Aluminum-B14115-Standard-Batteries/dp/B001JHC8RQ/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1436954255&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=baille+b106

In your case, you would need an isolator to charge the battery, but not use it as a crank battery. Youll need this.
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-Automatc-Charging/dp/B000OTIPDQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1436954201&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=sun+systems+battery+isolator

Then you can invest in a wetsounds amp. Looks like everyone loves them. They will push the stock speakers and sub alot better than the Kicker amps. I think you'll be happy with the results.

Again, Im no audio guy, but I think this would be a killer setup.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
get some JL's or Wetsounds in there!

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I have GT 187 Glastron. 2 6.5" JL's, 10" JL sub, 3 channel JL Amp, Kewood deck and two hard wire remotes. IT RIPS!!!!

Cs419

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Like the Rockford PMX-8dh not sure its out yet.

One of the Wet Amps 1.) HT-6 or 2.) SYN-6 would be great along with a small strong compact battery.

Not sure of the subwoofer but was going to mount it directly in the void spot behind the driver next to engine so it doesn't have to be a marine grade one.

The two factory speakers might work out and if I could procure two more then with the amp for the high and a sub for the lows I might just be in the nice warm place that a bass head like me wants. Will take some getting used to for the open air design of a boat rather than the closed cabin of a two-door sports car. My brain won't rattle as much as that makes me sad.

Last edited:

Cs419

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Going to use sound damping dyno mat extreme as I have a few trunk rolls. Want to purchase the Scarab swim mat and that might make the engine/water friction noise softer. softer ride the more I can enjoy my limited stock two speakers. Really want to put 12-inch speakers in sealed box next to engine behind the driver in the small empty cubby hole.

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the high end 5 speaker system in my 165. It consists of 2 kicker 6 inch speakers facing forward and 2 facing back, as well as a Kicker 10 inch sub that is mounted down by my feet. There are 2 kicker amps mounted behind the dashboard. There is quite a bit of sound for a 16 foot boat!

You may change your mind on the swim mat when you find out the price. I looked into buying it for my first 165 and it is only sold in a package, I think it was around $1200 from the dealer

Cs419

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the input Scarabski! Going to mimic your highs but for the lows I was going to use a 12 inch subwoofer from Wet Sounds. Wanted to get a pair of them so I can wire them down to 1-ohm stable. If I go that route was going to put them in a box in the open crevis behind the driver next to the motor.

Do you think I can mount one 12 inch subwoofer where your 10 inch sub is at?

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, I think there is room for a 12. I'd have to check this weekend when I am back at camp for sure. For me, the space behind the seat is valuable space for storage.

Michael Hillman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I have the high end 5 speaker system in my 165. It consists of 2 kicker 6 inch speakers facing forward and 2 facing back, as well as a Kicker 10 inch sub that is mounted down by my feet. There are 2 kicker amps mounted behind the dashboard. There is quite a bit of sound for a 16 foot boat!

You may change your mind on the swim mat when you find out the price. I looked into buying it for my first 165 and it is only sold in a package, I think it was around $1200 from the dealer
I found line a maker called jet boats were the swim platform mat is Search and was $199. Got it installed it and it is great

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dropped my boat off today at my local stereo shop. Shes getting a full makeover,
JL M800/8V2 amp
2 Pairs of JL M770 speakers
JL M880 subwoofer
1 Pair of Wetsounds Rev8 tower speakers