• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Break-In Maintenance

ATXScarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What happens when a Scarab hits the 25 hour mark? Do you have any reduction in performance once the service engine light comes on? I am trying to determine if i have to take the boat in for the service exactly when it hits that mark or if i can keep using it until the dealer is able to perform the service.

R502

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
There is a 10 hour break in maintenance you are supposed to have performed when the motor is brand new. The light will come on at 25 hours as well. I had them reset the maintenance counter after the icon came on upon having the motor winter service done at the end of the season. I had it performed at about 35 hours. I have since purchased the aftermarket interface module and viewed the counter since it has been reset, it has 5000 some odd minutes until the icon appears again for a scheduled service. Your motor should be at top performance now, it will perform fine until you take it in for service. This was my experience anyway. Enjoy the new ride...