• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Jet boat Information Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's odd . We ordered our 2016 195 HOI and they didn't give us an option of towers .We have the forward swept tower . They had a wake edition on the showroom floor when we took delivery of our boat . The only thing I didn't like about that tower is the Bimini has straps that attach near the windshield, not really a big deal . I kinda like the tower design itself tho .
Congrats on the new boat by the way !!!

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
There are two advantages that I'll comment on regarding the new tower design, aside from the looks:
1. It folds lower than the old tower. I can easily fit in my garage without taking off the anchor light.
2. The tower has assist shocks which help raise and will stay up until you start lowering... a nice feature so you don't have to try to hold the tower up when unscrewing the pins.

The only other thing I'll comment is that the new tower has built in pins for wakeboard/surf racks - they are solid.

Casey_215HO

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I would happily trade you my tower for the newer style that is on you're boat! The version on you're boat is much easier to lower / operate and not as prone to issues. Take a look at any new Mastercraft / Malibu etc... and they have all gone to this style of tower.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Wow, you guys really hooked me up with some awesome info, I am going to get a better look tonight and if the rack pins are already there that will be awesome because I was going to transfer the clamp one from my 195 but maybe won't have too.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok, so I was able to check it out tonight and they've removed the straps and it is now solid poles up front! And there are rack pins too! Nice surprise I didn't expect, but in looking over the boat, the rear seat cushion screws were all loose...

Attachments

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok all, another question for you. The 255 has two floor compartments, one in the bow area and one in the rear seating area. The smartest option has a cutout for the rear compartment but not for the front compartment. Is that how it is supposed to be or did the factory forget to cut out the front door?

Attachments

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Not smartest but "smart mat"

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here is how the rear compartment is with the cut out in the smart mat around the door

Attachments

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's a secret compartment! Lol. I'm thinkin if that front was cutout , the strips on each side would be too small maybe ? Probably wouldn't lay right and end up ruined .

Last edited:

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Shane Scarab I like the solid pole vs. the strap - the strap works fine it just looks cheap compared to the pole. Interestingly enough, your bimini is extended past the back of the tower... mine ends right at the tower. wonder if that is a 215 v. 255 thing... like!!!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gents,

Im going to clean up this thread, and close it so that it will not be cluttered. Thanks for all the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.