• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

scarab sound system /bluetooth

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
ok guys thanks again for all the help in the past. still learning a lot about my boat. if any one could help me out with some info that would be awsome!

1st- If i have the radio on just a reg FM everything sounds good as can be. If i Pair my phone (s9+) you will get a ring out of the speakers more so in the front left speacker and the volume sucks. As in let say its on 20 using just the radio it sounds good but when you hook the phone to it you need to get to 33 to = the 20 of just the radio. Now on my wifes phone (s9) when paired it will only play out of the speackers on the right side of the boat. I have looked at the settings on the touch screen and every thing is in the middle.

My phone (s9+) also in my truck you have to turn it way up and yes i have the volume up on my phone lol

2nd- I know my boat has the top of the line sound system that they offered but I seen where someone said that the amps in the boat are very under powered for what the speackers should have???

any info would help. thought about going out to buy two new phones since they are paid off.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Have you tried using the USB (I haven't)? Or the Aux input (haven't done that either)? Just might be a good place to start with. If they all work well, then you know it something to do with the bluetooth. Does your wife's phone do the same in your truck?

If the problem is with the boat's Bluetooth, then you may have to replace the head unit. I have no idea where/what that might be on a boat with the Touch Screen Commander. Another option my be to connect via Bluetooth using a Bluetooth dongle connected to the Aux input.

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Thanks guys for the help. I will dig in to this tomorrow night after work and report back

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
So I think i found my problem at lunch. I had to go home and do some looking lol. looks like two of the rca cables where unhooked. I need to test the boat still but im also thinking this why i was getting my ring? maybe they wernt tight and getting interference? I pluged them back in but they are very loose so the only thing i can think of is to just tape them together?

also why i was in there I seen where the boat has xm but from what i understand i need to order the module?

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
So I think i found my problem at lunch. I had to go home and do some looking lol. looks like two of the rca cables where unhooked. I need to test the boat still but im also thinking this why i was getting my ring? maybe they wernt tight and getting interference? I pluged them back in but they are very loose so the only thing i can think of is to just tape them together?
I've seen my RCA cables get loose (the port side) a couple of times. I think it was happening when we were hitting larger waves (once on Lake Michigan and the other just hitting lots of wake). The starboard speakers would be fine, but the port side's were very low. I guess some audio leaks into the non-working side anyway. I haven't taped them yet, but if it happens again, I won't be lazy and will pull out the electrical tape. :) The other option might be to squeeze the male connector so that the metal tabs bend slightly and increase the friction to the female plug.

I still find it odd that your FM worked fine whereas your Bluetooth was having issues. I don't see how a loose connection would only affect one but, as I said, I don't have the touch screen console.

RE: Bluetooth volume: Some car stereos will let you individually set the amplification of each source. So if your CD (remember those?) is lower than the FM, you can boost it and vice versa. I know it's not an option on Scarabs with the standard Kicker unit, but maybe there's a similar option on the console version?

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
well im not 100% sure it will fix my problem, im just glad i found something lol. I will find out the next few days though when i get the boat out side. Inside the shop with the sound on it sounds good at 7 haha. Yes the touch screen does have the settings where you can change it to, rock, classis, ect.....at the end of the day i have learned so much about this boat i almost thing i should go get a job and my local dealer so they understand what they are selling lol. good guys but not very up todate on what they are selling.