• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SCARAB SUCKS

KlubMarcus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Maybe this is my new boat lesson. I have had Nautique boats and many other brands. I expect issues with a used boat and can do 90 % of anything mechanically. I do like the jet boat part of this experience and we will see if I stay a jet boat lover. So far that part I am happy with as long as it keeps running. Rotax gets that credit, NOT scarab.
I was already marina / dealer / boat shopping so took a look at a brand new Scarab 215 ID today. I also noticed that the garboard drain had construction debris coming out of it. Looked like plastic or fiberglass shavings. I also noticed that the drain plug was made out of plastic and so were the flush port covers. I wrote to Scarab via their website suggested that they switch to stainless steel for those types of fittings. I should've suggested that they shop-vac the interior of the hull throughout construction since that stuff might end up clogging the bilge pump or worse. I'm all ears if there's any particular reason why those fittings should be plastic. The rest of the hull, wake tower / bimini, and upholstery was better quality than I expected. The dealer told me that they'll call me in when they perform post-break in maintenance on a recently sold 255 ID so I can learn more about the product first hand.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dude......you have 8 weeks of vacation!????? I was feeling a little empathy until I read that, and knowing I get a whopping 3 weeks of vacation!:cool: