• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab trailer jack replacement.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new 2015 Scarabs bring the Fulton F2 trailer jack as standard equipment. The 2014 models bring a regular Fulton.

This thread is to show how to upgrade your trailer's jack without shelling out a ton of money, and giving you a better looking/working, and reliable jack. Mine was starting to grind, and skip even after I greased it.

First you need the Fulton kit for welded on swing jacks.
http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Fulton/F500320.html

Then instead of buying a full jack, buy one without the mounting hardware.
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/Fulton/F1413100334.html

More to come as the parts come in.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a before picture.

You will need:
19mm or 3/4" curved ended box wrench
19mm or 3/4" Socket wrench
15mm socket wrench
PB blaster
Jack stand or Jack

1. Lower the jack so that you can place a jack on the tongue of the trailer, then raise the jack so that the trailer is being supported by the jack. (make sure your tires are on some kind of chocks).

2. Spray PB blaster on the center bolt and nut holding the oem jack in place.

3. With the 19mm Box wrench loosen the center bolt, and remove the oem jack. You will see 4 holes in the base plate. These will line up with your new adapter.

4. Place the adapter plate on the stock mount. Make sure the "TOP" is in the right direction.

5. Use the 19mm flare nut that came it the kit. Face the curved end towards the base, flat end facing out.

6. Grab the F2 jack, and the 4 15mm bolts, and lock washers that came with the adapter kit. Place the lock washer on the bolt, then attach the F2 Jack. I torqued my bolts to 85 ftlb. (dont tighten the bolts till you get them all inserted!)

7. The jack will be facing horizontal, to lower it to the "parked position" just pull the small handle and spin it to the vertical position, the lower the wheel to support your trailer.

And thats it! Now you can use any Fulton F2 jack on the market. This how to will also work on any trailer with a welded on swing jack. Enjoy!

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to let everyone know all the parts are in, and we have a go on the installation tomorrow morning. Thread updates to come!

Also, it looks like Fulton send you a refurbished unit with no mounting hardware. It looks stellar, and the quality is hands down better than the oem one.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@ScarabMike
Thanks for posting this. My old jack was starting to scare me a little when I had it cranked all they way up. I purchased the parts you list above and had my jack swapped out in less than 30 minutes. 20150811_232319.jpg 20150811_232308.jpg

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@ScarabMike I just noticed that I mounted my Fulton Jack with the lock/unlock pull on the upside vs how yours is pointing down. This means my mount was put on 180 degrees from how yours is. I didn't read the directions (other than the torque settings) when installing it but is there a reason you have it mounted that way or is it just personal preference. I also noticed that my old jack was able to lift the trailer tongue higher than this new one.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ScarabMike , now that you have had the f2 for a few months I'm curious to know what your opinion is of it? Any problems/quirks with it? Have you replaced any parts yet?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No worries, its personal preference. The jack is a little lower than the oem, but should still give you the opportunity to raise the bow of the boat enough to get water to come out of the stern.

@ScarabMike I just noticed that I mounted my Fulton Jack with the lock/unlock pull on the upside vs how yours is pointing down. This means my mount was put on 180 degrees from how yours is. I didn't read the directions (other than the torque settings) when installing it but is there a reason you have it mounted that way or is it just personal preference. I also noticed that my old jack was able to lift the trailer tongue higher than this new one.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Isn't the F2 able to be extended another 6" from how it's shipped? Supposedly, there are instructions on how to make the travel increase in the install manual.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I dont recall getting any instructions with any of the four f2s I purchased but with a big enough Alan wrench you can move the point at which the body of the jack pivots on its mount so you can raise or lower it, probably about 6", from the center of the body which is about where it comes stock.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks...my jack is already broken after two months. I think it is warranted . This new jack you put on looks really solid.

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi, I noticed your keel protector thing, what's the benefits of this? How is it secured to hull ?
It protects the boat when beaching. It also protects the boat when driving in water that is littered with sticks and logs. I happened to do both a lot, as I like to beach bow forward and then use two lines tied from each of my rear tie down eyelets to short spikes/sand augers on the beach. I also boat in a river a lot so there is lots of wood sticks and logs floating after rains.

Edit... and if you look closely at my second picture you will see an irregularity in the keelshield. That is where the keel of my boat struck the edge of my bunk. This happened because of a shallow ramp and not backing the trailer in far enough (mistake that hasn't been made since). The keel guard saved my hull from getting punctured. I simply filled the damaged keelshield with 3m5200 and it has been solid for a couple of years. There are two main brands to consider. KeelShield and KeelGuard. Both do the same thing, so I would base my decision on price and color.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I adjusted my Fulton jack up about 3 inches today. Had to do adjust it twice because I realized that the trailer tongue is lower to the ground if I remove it in my driveway.20150822_125258.jpg