• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Warranty

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
just received confirmation from rec boat holdings that the warranty transfer was received and processed so I guess I have the remainder of the warranty now....not really sure how much is left on a 2015 but I figure it's better to have it than not. I think there is three years on the motors but I'm not sure you need the scarab warranty to get that?? Does anyone know if the Rotax warranty is part of the Scarab Boat warranty. Seems like they treat them separate. Do I need to persue a Rotax warranty??

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The two are separate. If you ever call Scarab warranty for a Rotax issue that will be the first thing they tell you... If you can get an extended warranty for Rotax buy it.. unless you are savvy with fixing things your self.

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do I have to get the Rotax warranty transferred as well? Or does that transfer with the scarab one? If its separate, where do I find the transfer info? Thanks for the info!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did you get a Rotax Card with your engine serial number on it? If not, then you will have to get the dealer to get that transferred into your name..

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for the info, I will find a local dealer and check with them. I received email confirmation that I was entered into their system as owner and the warranty transfer was accepted but I have not yet received any papers or emails beyond that.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did you buy the boat through a private sale or from a dealer? If it was a private sale they should have given you the documents. If from a dealer they should have processed this for you..

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Private sale and the owner Was unable to find any of the books / papers that came with the boat when he bought it new.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Private sale and the owner Was unable to find any of the books / papers that came with the boat when he bought it new.
I just don't understand people who don't hang onto important things like that.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Call Scarab Warranty and see if they will help you out with the transfer. 231-775-1351 I think this is Mike Stafani's #. I curious if he helps you out.

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I totally agree but I got a decent deal on the boat so I wasn't trying to cause friction. I will call this Mike Stefani and see what he can do. Should I let him know you referred me? Does he know you well??

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You probably don't want to use my name, he might hang up on you. I've butted heads with this guy a couple of times. Also, dropped a dime on him with the Sr VP. I'm just curious if he will work with you or give you the booger flick. Let me know...

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So the follow up story is....Scarab gave me a number to call to transfer the rotax warranty. The person that answered said they no longer handle Rotax warranty and for me to go to "Rotax.com to find out How to transfer. He had no number or contact info and was unsure what I should do. He was however 100% certain he could not help me.....I have a call in to the local SeaDoo Rotax dealer to see if they can help. I let you know what they say.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Who did you talk to at Scarab? Dude, I write down my conversations and take names when talking those people.

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do to. I've been emailing with a warranty guy "Roy Carroll" he has been helpful to the extent that he processed my warranty transfer and provided a number to contact BRP. The number was no longer good and there is absolutely no US contact info on the Rotax.com website. I ended up calling a SeaDoo dealer who told me only a Scarab Rotax dealer would have the credentials necessary to go on the dealer web site and transfer the Rotax warranty. I called the nearest dealer which is about 40 min away from me. He seems to be very helpful and is looking into it for me. Apparently he just got the Scarab Franchise and is in the middle of getting setup. Hopefully he can figure out what I need to do. Disappointing that Scarab is ill informed on who to contact for motors in their boats....

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is not intended to be a slam on Scarab, but one of the things that helped my decision to go with Yamaha is for major issues, you only have to deal with Yamaha!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You might want to try contacting a Seadoo pwc dealership. If they have been in business for any amount of time they should know how to deal with warranty issues on rotax engines.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'll see if I can get the Rotax number for you.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Please keep us posted...I will be extending my warranty for sure as I just had a engine replacement at 70hrs.

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please keep us posted...I will be extending my warranty for sure as I just had a engine replacement at 70hrs.
I have completed the process and posted here in a different thread. The summary is I finally got the warranty transfer with the help of @ScarabMike who provided the correct phone number to contact the marine division of BRP. After a couple weeks I called and they confirmed I am in the system and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get an ID card ant the warranty info. Not sure how to link you to the thread, you should be able to find it in the scarab link where this one is.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You should be good to go!! Also, having a good relationship with your local servicing dealer helps a lot too... My guy in Pensacola is AWESOME!! He is the only guy I talk to there. He also gave me his personal cell #.