• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scenic video tour of Smith Lake, AL

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yesterday was a beautiful day even with the storms. Met up with my coworker and his friends. He has an older Moomba Outback direct drive that is a nice looking older boat. Here's some video I captured along our ride. If you're ever near Cullman or Jasper with your boat you need to try and swing by to check out this long, snake-shaped, beautiful DEEP lake. Water is clean green and if you come here you better have several hundred feet of rope if you want to throw it out :D

Hope you enjoy the stunning views + some lightning action later in the day.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great shots, the other boat always seemed to be passing you how fast were y’all running in the video...?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great shots, the other boat always seemed to be passing you how fast were y’all running in the video...?
I don't know why I never saw your question. I was doing a search for smith lake and ran across this post of yours. A year or so late but oh well lol. We were just cruising around so no idea of speeds and such. His direct drive actually has a pretty decent top speed compared to modern v-drive wake boats propped for surfing. I can't remember what he said he's hit for top speed but want to say in the mid 40's but I have no idea of his prop specs. We just like to cruise around and not really race or any of that.