• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scratches at bow hook...suggestions?

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
hi everyone...just put boat in water for first time this weekend and had a great trip. Also got my first scratch...2 inch zinger above bow hook on the grey where boat must have rubbed trailer bumper when leaving trailer to the water. Checked tonight and notice scratching/discolouring where boat rests against trailer bumper...can't tell how bad or not until off trailer next time. Any suggestions on what to do to better deal with this kind of thing? Thanks. 2015 242 limited s in suede grey.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You MUST change to bow roller with a Stoltz roller. Known problem with the bow rollers scratching the boats. Happened to me and I never launched the boat except for the test run with the dealer.

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks...just tell me the size and if I have to order any other hardware and I'll order right away. Thanks.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stoltz ULT-4. Shouldn't need anything else. I changed mine in the driveway.

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! Ordered Stoltz ultimate 4" from overtons....great help!!

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice looking boat btw...very sharp color scheme

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Grab some acetone and clean up the yuk the old bow roller left. Wax her back up after you use the acetone.

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I picked this old thread to ask a new question on the bow roller topic:
The 242LS has a very flat bow and it simply doesn't work with the V shape of the Stoltz ULT 4. The bow doesn't touch the center roller and puts all the pressure on the side wheels, smashing them down (= rubbing).
I want to purchase the Stoltz RP-446 but it doesn't come with the side wheels which may not be necessary with the right roller.
lrp446.jpg
This looks like a much better solution, has anyone used this or come up with a better solution for the newer boats with a pretty flat bow??

Attachments

Last edited:

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny, I just began asking if it's the 4" or 3.5" for the 2018 SX240.

I picked this old thread to ask a new question on the bow roller topic:
The 242LS has a very flat bow and it simply doesn't work the V shape of the Stoltz ULT 4. The bow doesn't touch the center roller and puts all the pressure on the side wheels, smashing them down (= rubbing).
I want to purchase the Stoltz RP-446 but it doesn't come with the side wheels which may not be necessary with the right roller.
View attachment 78919
This looks like a much better solution, has anyone used this or come up with a better solution for the newer boats with a pretty flat bow??

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Stoltz website calls it a 4" bracket. It'll fit, the question is, it that enough protection without the side wheels and is it appropriately shaped for the 242 hull?

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ttzz The problem with the bow roller in your link is that it’s still the Deep V version and doesn’t come close to matching the contour of our boats so the bow only rides on the outer discs. I’m hoping someone has tried other versions and can report on a better solution.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@ttzz The problem with the bow roller in your link is that it’s still the Deep V version and doesn’t come close to matching the contour of our boats so the bow only rides on the outer discs. I’m hoping someone has tried other versions and can report on a better solution.
You aren’t wrong but it just doesn’t bother me, the outer discs are soft enough to not hurt the bow and still hold it nicely. I guess I just don’t see a compelling argument for the bow to touch inside the roller perfectly, but to each his own- I’ve been happy with this one.