• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Screw/nut size and thread?

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I was out on the lake this past weekend, the wind was 10-15 mph which made it fairly choppy out in the middle of the lake. I was bouncing along through the chop hearing a thunking sound (technical term). I started looking around and realized it was my dash panel bouncing every time we hit a wave. I dug into my console behind the steering wheel and found 5 nuts and associated washers on the deck in there. From what I could tell all of the nuts that hold the dash panel into the console had come loose. I put them all back on hand tight with the intent to get out the lock-tite at home and secure them properly. Things got busy and I ended up taking the boat back to storage before I could get to it. One thing I did note while I was on the water was that all of the other nuts inside the console used locking nuts (the type with the nylon inserts). I'm not sure why these did not use that style of nut, but since I won't be able to get tools on them until at least next weekend I figured I should just go buy some. Of course I didn't manage to check what size these nuts should be before putting the boat back in storage. Does anyone out there know what size and thread those bolts are? My boat is a 2022 212XE with the 12" connext screen but I assume any of the 21' or maybe even the 19' Yamaha's boats would use the same bolts/nuts to hold the panel onto the console. I'm also curious if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to keep the nuts from coming loose.

Back