• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scupper Question -07-AR230

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The scupper replacement was going smooth, until the I could not remove the hose from the scupper (see pic below). I could rotate the scupper around and around but would not pull free. Did anybody else run into this problem as well? I heard people cutting the hose, but how far back did they cut the hose? how big is the factory scupper so I can measure an cut? My replacement scupper is 5.5 inches. What did they use to cut the hose? Should I just pull harder? Is their are special tool to get more leverage?

scupper.jpg

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just did mine but it came loose OK. As far as extra hose, I had maybe an inch...

Looks like yours is siliconed in there pretty good. Just work it, hopefully she'll break free./

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
can you disconnect the hose at the other end at the floor drain? then push/pull the scupper and hose out as one piece (depends if the hose will fit through the scupper hole) - that way you can wrestle with it a little better.

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The scupper is getting the best of me. I tried to remove the scupper hose from the other end, and the scupper broke.

Now what? do I order a replacement" like for like" scupper? I need to remove the top deck of the gas tank ...right?

I heard those bolts are a pain in the you know what..What size is the square sock - what is it called? Is their another way to tackle this problem?

scupper2.jpg

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thx @andy07sx230ho, I hope I don't need it.....

I'm still wondering if their is another creative solution.....like order the replacement but cut it, and then reconnect the two pieces somehow..

any creative thinkers out their?

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I'm not familiar with the newer floor - wish mine was removable (I'd love to see what kind of gunk is built up in there). but the way I look at it is this: I'm guessing they are tough because they get corroded somehow? if they are a pain now, imagine how bad they will be in a couple years. take the extra time now to fix the floor drain correctly and clean everything up. unless the pain is getting them out because people aren't using the correct bit ...which is just silly.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Blazin14 it just depends on your boat as to how hard they are to get out, it seems at some point the factory used a chalky/loctite substance on some of them. About half mine came out no problem, a quarter were hard and 3 were super hard, I had to turn a 16th then back, then another 16th then back, etc...., other people have had no issue and been able to work them with the flat head. I would suggest just buying the tool.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wiggle my scupper until it broke off. Didn't take much. Then you can get a better grip on the hose. Use 4200 and 2 hose clamps. Mine leaked at first. Test if by filling up the cavity with water and see what comes out. Cam.

rtucker11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thx @andy07sx230ho, I hope I don't need it.....

I'm still wondering if their is another creative solution.....like order the replacement but cut it, and then reconnect the two pieces somehow..

any creative thinkers out their?
I cut the flange off the new one just where the threads start. Then I inserted the threaded end that i just cut through the hole from inside the engine compartment. I then put a nut on from each side, tightened down. I will put some 4200 at some point but I can't imagine how it could work it's way free.