• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Scupper Swap

@Bruce Hell yeah.do what you will.
As far as boats and scuppers. this is for that Atwood scupper that we all have been buying. It fit both the plastic stock one and the new. I sized it at 2.160" nut. Should fit all.
Put the sticky in the "Members Tips" section.

Is it worth signing up to have this wrench relocated, or will a decently stocked toolbox do the trick?

Is it worth signing up to have this wrench relocated, or will a decently stocked toolbox do the trick?
I did mine with a pair of slip joint pliers. Need to take out the starboard water box though. Use the Life caulk for more working time.

Maybe a dumb question, is this valve used in place of a drain plug on Yamaha’s

Maybe a dumb question, is this valve used in place of a drain plug on Yamaha’s
No, it drains the deck or the floor of the boat. There is a drain plug below the scupper.

@Jump Right In, do you want to call dibs on the next use of the wrench?

@DieselCamel, the scupper is located above the drain plug. It is an escape path for the deck drains. The Yamaha's are certified as self draining. Most water that gets into the passenger area exits the boat through the scupper valve. It is the large round opening in the bottom center of this picture.

SX230012-120.jpg

I probably missed this in the other thread, but is this wrench needed for the 210/212 boats? The ones with easy access and no recessed mount point for the scupper (2010 and newer I think). I have one of those ss atwood scuppers sitting on the bench in my garage, but my scupper is easy to get to as it's above the water line.

The wrench will help on any boat Derick. The issue with the 230's is on the outside.

@Bruce So you did get it. What day did it arrive? Just for curiosity sake.

@Lspeedss, It arrived on Thursday. I was hoping to swap the scupper out over the weekend but did not get to it. Maybe I will be able to this evening.

@jetboater4life , I had a pair of large channel locks that I was gonna try and use, but I had no room to maneuver once I had them in position. I wound up borrowing a pair of adjustable square pipe wrench from a neighbor. They did the trick and I got the job done over the weekend. My old scupper was in perfect shape, but I was already into the process so I went ahead and did the swap. One less thing to worry about.

I hope to retrieve my boat this week sometime (suppose to drop from 78F here yesterday to 27F tonight)... crazy weather! Anyway, if there is value in the wrench, I will sign up for it and then forward it to the next member afterwards... Thanks!

I mentioned this in the other scupper thread and wanted to repost here since people keep mentioning the Attwood scuppers. This guy was great to do business with and sells stainless steel scuppers for about half as much as the Attwood. Looks exactly the same.

May be a little late for some people, but I found the best price at ReplacementBoatParts.com for $35 plus $10 shipping.
56553.gif

The guy was really nice. I accidentally ordered the thru-hull fitting without the scupper flap. When I contacted him, he immediately sent me the correct part priority mail no extra charge without even waiting for me to return the wrong part and it was my mistake. I thanked him for the excellent customer service and promised I would refer my friends to his store. So here ya go. :)

78F yesterday, and now officially snowing and sleeting!!!
I know! This crap is horrible. I had to cancel my first to soccer practices. There are some unhappy kids in my house.

Back