• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea Dek forgiveness

Shack

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been working on getting my seadek installed today and all was going well til I got to the 2 pieces that go on the slight curvature at the base of the tower. I ended up with 2 bubbles on one side ( and not straight) and 1 on the other. The only reason I had taken a picture was to order a new piece from will @JetBoatPilot. I was not happy at all so I started peeling it up slowly using the backer paper so my fingers didn’t touch the adhesive. It kept coming cleanly until I got it off! Couldn’t believe it. So anyone putting those pieces on, cut the paper the LONG way instead of the SHORT way. I should have known better. Anyways, extremely happy how it turned out!!673DC423-6481-4EFF-8D2D-BF93C96940AF.jpeg11EA749D-E363-42E4-A195-7D90FE6083F4.jpegD42FDC12-444F-4AE6-91D9-634D158728AE.jpeg

I’ve been working on getting my seadek installed today and all was going well til I got to the 2 pieces that go on the slight curvature at the base of the tower. I ended up with 2 bubbles on one side ( and not straight) and 1 on the other. The only reason I had taken a picture was to order a new piece from will @JetBoatPilot. I was not happy at all so I started peeling it up slowly using the backer paper so my fingers didn’t touch the adhesive. It kept coming cleanly until I got it off! Couldn’t believe it. So anyone putting those pieces on, cut the paper the LONG way instead of the SHORT way. I should have known better. Anyways, extremely happy how it turned out!!View attachment 167405View attachment 167406View attachment 167407
Lol ya those are the pieces I messed up on mine as well. They were the first 2 pieces I put on. I had air bubbles and just pricd the pocket with a needle and it worked. But they are definitely not in the right spot exactly. I was just like screw it nobody will notice but me, I'm not sure I like those 2 pieces anyway, may just take them off all together

Lol. I already had my mind made up I was gonna order a new one so I just went for it.

Get a razorblade put tiny incision and release bubble air and press . need to do it while adhesive still active

If you all could stop posting pics of your boats, that'd be great. It's in the 20's (and much lower) here for the next few months, and I'd prefer to not think about what I'm missing. Thanks!

BTW, the Seadek looks awesome!

Back