• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea-dek install

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would use your fingers and press down the edges thoroughly. Also walk on it and then go boating.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I started mine today. I got the anchor locker, the step through, the top step above the cleanout tray and the pieces on each side of the cleanout tray done.

I am using a 5-in-1 tool (sharp, heavy scraper) to get the Hydroturf off. I then put Xylene on it and let it soak a bit. I then use a big flat wire brush to get most of the glue off. The xylene dries quickly so the glue comes off in little bits. I have a small toothbrush-sized stainless steel wire brush with softer bristles that I use to get the rest of the glue off of it. Then wash down the area with car wash soap and water.

I'm hoping to find the time to finish removing the rest of the Hydroturf tomorrow and maybe even get the SeaDek installed.

I'll tell you one thing, though... if I had to replace this stuff every year, I'd sell my boat! LOL

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The steam nozzle that we developed is the fasetest way we've found to remove old turf.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The steam nozzle that we developed is the fasetest way we've found to remove old turf.
Link, please, Will? I just searched on your site and came up empty.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have not moved into production on these yet since we've not been able to buy the steamers at wholesale. We could sell the nozzles but you'd need to buy the steamer from another retailer.

jacob37

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of my friends used a pressure washer and took everything off in minutes! Not sure if that is the safest way but it worked like a champ.