• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea-Doo Challenger 1800 Seats

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Anyone have any experience with aftermarket captain seats for an older Sea-Doo Challenger? Mine are in rough shape and would be nice to replace them for the upcoming season but the prices on used OEM seats are ridiculous even if they are in just OK shape. Found these online was curious if they would even work? Thoughts or any other ideas?

inthedirt

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have a 97 C1800 but not at home to verify the correct bolt pattern on the seat base. All I can suggest is that you remove the seat from the base and measure the bolt spacing. If different, it might be possible to fabricate an adapter if you're dead set on those particular seats. I know that with my long legs, I wouldn't mind having a taller seat base so it doesn't feel so squatty when in a seated position. A spacer between the seat and base may help with both of these issues.

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Yeah I don't have mine at home either which why I was reaching out to plan for this before summer comes around.

I appreciate the tip though and will look into it once it's out of storage.