• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea Doo LRV - What's it worth?

What is my LRV worth?

• $0-$1000

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • $1000-$2000

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • $2000-$3000

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • $3000+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeremie Baker

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a brand New Sea-Doo 2000 with 40 hours original hours on the motor this machine was garage kept the original owner wrote it for about a month and lost the key and it sat in the garage for 18 years until I found it . 912 428 7049 lets make a dealC334ABDD-7161-412C-B6D3-1A8C24D2F4F3.jpeg37CEB131-5D2A-4251-AB89-13BFE81BD708.jpeg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the craziest story I've ever heard. LOL If I lost that key I would have emptied my garage searching for it, then taken a ride to the dealer for more keys. Welcome to the forums:Welcome:. GLWS

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just out of curiosity what are you looking for?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard. Please update the title with asking price and location per forum guidelines. GLWTS.

Jeremie Baker

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh there’s more to the story than this

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’m trying to figure out why the first picture has trashed upholstery (far beyond what I would expect from garage kept “brand new” and 40 hours) and the second pictures shows it as fresh upholstery.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I’m not looking for nothing I wanted to see what my brand new 18 yr old LRV is worth
Does it run ? Remember that it will be competing with later year jet skis on the market.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m trying to figure out why the first picture has trashed upholstery (far beyond what I would expect from garage kept “brand new” and 40 hours) and the second pictures shows it as fresh upholstery.
Different colored upholstery too

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Moved the thread to JetSki forum and updated poll and titles so it makes sense. . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m not looking for nothing I wanted to see what my brand new 18 yr old LRV is worth
You can understand why people might get that impression given your opening post:

I have a brand New Sea-Doo 2000 with 40 hours original hours on the motor this machine was garage kept the original owner wrote it for about a month and lost the key and it sat in the garage for 18 years until I found it . 912 428 7049 lets make a deal

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh there’s more to the story than this
I am sure there is.
The hull is faded badly, old looking and showing its age. Trailer looks beat also
First pic looks 18 years ago.

First pic: $500 if running
2nd pic: $1500 if running

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Must have been in one of those no roof and walls garage

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it was in perfect condition, then a $3500 ask, and let it go for $3000. If not running <$1000. There is a lot of hull fading, and in one of the pics the upholstery looks bad, but then not bad in the other?? Hard to price w/o much better pics and more information: does it run? compression numbers? have you water tested? leaks? condition of pump? transferable title and trailer registration?

LRVs are a PITA to work on as the motor sits below a center support. You could not give it to me for free.

-Greg

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it ran perfectly and got decent gas mileage I might pay $700 for the ski in the second pic. This isn’t to be insulting. This is just to say that old jet skis can a very risky purchase, especially when the story doesn’t match the conditions of the PWC. The part that is really bothersome is that you say the original owner put 40 HOURS in about a month and then just lost the key and didn’t care to get another one?! If he like it enough to ride that thing that much in a month then it seems to me he would be the type of person to get a key. On top of that, the registration date says ,04. The math doesn’t add up either. On top of all that, aren’t those “keys” just those safety ignition kill caps on a lanyard? Can’t you pick those up just about anywhere? I don’t mean to be a d*** here because I realize that this COULD have been the story YOU were told. I suggest you be honest with any potential buyers and not repeat that story now that you have some more of the facts. Let anybody wanting to purchase it take a nice long test drive and be comfortable with the purchase. Also, remember that there are newer, more reliable skis for sale right now in that $2000-$3000 range so give it a fair price.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those seadoos lanyards have a specific resistance that matches the ecu. If you lose it you need to buy a new one then have it programmed to the ecu with a special tool

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those seadoos lanyards have a specific resistance that matches the ecu. If you lose it you need to buy a new one then have it programmed to the ecu with a special tool
Good to know!! I appreciate you sharing that info. I had no idea.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If its the 951 DI motor you have about 70 hours before the time bomb starts ticking