• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seachoice 17921 3/4" Thru Hull Cable Fitting

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed one of these fittings in my boat this evening. I am replacing my stock depth gauge with a Raymarine Dragonfly. The connector on the Dragonfly cable is larger in diameter so I had to drill the transducer cable hole out to 3/4" This sent me searching for a 3/4" fitting cover to replace the 5/8" one that had come with the boat. If I had looked in the Dragonfly box I would have realized that Raymarine had included one. I had already ordered this fancy through hull fitting so I decided to install it.

The fitting allows for a single 1/4" cable or two 3/16" cables to pass thru the hull. It can be made water tight using caulk. I applied a bead of Life Caulk where the outside part of the fitting would mate to the hull and where the wire passed through before assembly. There is a washer that pushes the wire to a 90 degree angle inside the hull and a hand tightened nut. Installing the washed and tightening the nut was easy through the bilge access. I paid $12.39 for the product via Ebay.

Here is a picture of it in the package.

Seachoice_17921_Thru_Hull_Fitting.jpg

And from below after installation

Seachoice_17921_Installed.jpg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can cut and splice those cables without too much difficulty. It avoids having to put a large hole in the hull to fit the connector through. On the eagle FF site there used to be a pdf that showed how to cut and splice the cable. Not sure it it there now. The only thing slightly special is to use a wrap of tinfoil to shield the cable splice. You can shorten it too, makes no difference. Cam.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My Garmin Echomap 70S comes with a transducer cable 5/8" at the connector, but it has a locking collar on it that makes it 7/8". I had to call Garmin to ask a few questions so I asked why the manual says 5/8" hole for a 7/8" cable and connector. The tech tells me that they supply a two piece connector in the box with each transducer, and that I can cut the locking collar off and use the supplied connector, reducing the required hole to only 5/8" inch. I decided I would rather have only one hole in the bottom and ordered a thru hull transducer...it will be here tomorrow I hope.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I solder all the time. But I would not want want to cut the transducer cable and reconnect it unless I absolutely had to.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I solder all the time. But I would not want want to cut the transducer cable and reconnect it unless I absolutely had to.
Yeah, I had read that you should not splice any down scan imaging or side scan imaging wires.

I plan on getting the dragonfly 7 next month...

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My OEM yamaha transducer was spliced with automotive butt splices. The only time you cant splice wires is if they are length (impedance) matched to the unit. Cam.

ps as long as you do a good job