• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek 2" or 4"?

hillcountryview

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just purchased a 2008 AR230. While we would like to wait for the @Jetboat group purchase in September, we need to replace what's on the swim deck right now. Whatever is currently on the deck puts black on you, your feet, and the rest of the boat!

Does anyone have any input on 2" teak vs 4" plank? Also, what color would you do with the orange and white interior?
Link to Seadek for Yamaha 23' boats

Here's the interior color:
DC23E68D-7742-4C89-B4C1-29FA547D7CA7.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The original thought process was a pattern to add traction and allow water to run off the walking surface. It's a matter of personal preference if you want it to look like boat deck boards (2") or dock deck boards (4")

Our first jetboat had diamond pattern. And that actually allowed water to run to the sides and out the floor drain nicely. But I do agree that the 2" is giving us a richer deck board look.

I do see they have been playing with a three layer SeaDeck now. Normally I would say pass on "loud" colors in the flooring. But a thin highlight of orange may be done tastefully when sandwiched between much more neutral colors. I have a tough time seeing that image though.

Last edited:

hillcountryview

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The original though process was a pattern to add traction and allow water to run off the walking surface. It's a matter of personal preference if you want it to look like boat deck boards (2") or dock deck boards (4")

Our first jetboat had diamond pattern. And that actually allowed water to run to the sides and out the floor drain nicely. But I do agree that the 2" is giving us a richer deck board look.

I do see they have been playing with a three layer SeaDeck now. Normally I would say pass on "loud" colors in the flooring. But a thin highlight of orange may be done tastefully when sandwiched between much more neutral colors. I have a tough time seeing that image though.
Sorry about the poor photo. It was what I had on my phone and couldn’t bring myself to take off the cover for a clean picture. Interior is just orange and white