• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Alignment Off

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi...has anyone had an issue with the alignment being off with their SeaDek? I purchased during last year's end of season group buy and I am just starting to put the new SeaDek on my 2017 AR190 and as I dry fit the pieces, I am seeing some alignment issues. I am looking at the compartment door above the swim platform and the right piece is off by at least 1.5". If I align the piece by the right handle, then it is off at the right hinge and way off on the right side.

Attachments

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I mean all of my pieces wern't perfect. But that one piece seems WAYY off. Like if you were to stick it down, it would be hanging off??? I would call JBP and see what they say.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the feedback. I am reaching out to JBP to see how I fix this.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought SeaDek for my boat at last year’s group buy too. On my similar swim deck pieces the latchs are not perfectly centered in the hole when the perimeter and hinge are aligned, but they do fit. Looking at your pictures I think you would get the same result. Instead of starting with the hole, roughly align the hinge cutout and adjust the perimeter to fit. If latch fits the hole you’re good. Below is the pic I have. You can still see port side is not centered And starboard slide the hinge is not centered. I’ll take a better overhead shot when I go to the boat next.

AA602898-FA19-4370-9913-FB8B6E2027A1.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine was a little off as well but not that bad. Mine ended up together at the top of the gap between them. Sorry I dont have a better picture.
20200603_171758.jpg

JoMue81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We started installing ours this week and several of the optional pieces just don't fit...we have a tower and the optional pieces we purchased were obviously not made to fit around the tower :( Even without the tower they would have been way off center. Some of the other pieces we tried were off a bit and we had to just make adjustments as best we could. I just emailed them and am waiting for a response back regarding my optional pieces.IMG_0468.jpeg IMG_0470.jpeg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is the overhead shot of my swim deck. You can see the area around the starboard hinge is off center, but the latch is pretty good.
6BC0AA19-0D8F-42DC-B58A-35745B6D9732.jpeg

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well those are some good looking pics everyone. I can see the subtle imperfections that we will have to live with and I am ok with that. I took some of the advice that came back from JBP andI can make the gaps around the hinges better, but it will compromise the circle around the starboard handle and starboard edge of the storage compartment. Here is a mock up of what I think it will end up looking like.

Attachments