• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek cleaning - 2019 sx190

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep my boat pretty clean throughout the season but i was cleaning the rear factory seadek and it felt like pieces of it were crumbling off. The seadek is gray so i am not sure if it is just really dirty or is it crumbling?

I will take some photos this weekend when i am out.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Psss, if it's factory, it's not SeaDek. And yes, the stock stuff has been known to crumble, flake, or disintegrate to dust.

I pressure wash my SeaDek on my current boat. And I pressure washed the HydroTurf in my previous boat. Both held up real well. We have heard plenty of folks have mixed opinions on some products not knowing who the manufacturer of the flooring was, and possibly the grade of the flooring.

I personally have seen multiple grades of hydroturf. I just replaced the flooring one of my GP1300r's and it had factory matting and it was crap. The hydroturf I installed seemed real good quality. We just ripped out the black tip flooring from my buddies AR210, and it was decent shape, but was turning to dust and would leave black footprints in the boat with wet feet. She's got a whole new SeaDek kit installed from last fall's group buy from Jetboat Pilot. Looks amazing!

So it's all in how it was cared for and if it was covered whenever not in use. As the sun will ruin this stuff over time. Your boat is new enough, if covered, it should still be in good shape. But if sun baked for a couple summers, it may be starting to break down. Seems premature to me.

Good luck,

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you for the info. I was hesitant to order the additional seadek from jetboat pilot because i thought this was it like this stuff. I was on a friends older yamaha and the stuff he had on the back was better than mine

I will just keep washing and when it starts to look bad i will replace the whole thing.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Flooring is a hard nut to swallow, but when it's done, it literally transforms the boat. Here is the AR210 we did a week or so ago! I can't get enough of these photos! The carpet was not even worth using as dog mats!72CF4A59-724C-456F-BAA2-50E32BA7DBF9.jpegE6D1EA7A-076E-40D8-9F22-4DE40C7EE960.jpeg

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought OEM swimdeck mats from Yamaha that looks like seadek and then a year later I bought the seadek for the cockpit. The OEM stuff is definitely not seadek and it's lesser quality. I think that it stains easier and now its significantly darker then the seadek in my cockpit.