• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek cushion replacement and steering components.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a link to a short video of my swim deck Seadek upgrades and current steering system.

That new Seadek looks amazing!
I wonder about the two single Lateral Thrusters, any comments how well those work? Why not the twin set, I'm just being curious!

--

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That new Seadek looks amazing!
I wonder about the two single Lateral Thrusters, any comments how well those work? Why not the twin set, I'm just being curious!

--
Thanks. I’m happy with how the Seadek turned out, especially the boat name.

I’ve only been out a few times with the lateral thrusters and it feels like they help a little with improving steering response in reverse but I question how much given how small the input and output openings are on the single engine versions, inexplicably only about half the size compared to the twin engine versions which were sent to me first by mistake. That stated, I may revert back to (mega) fangs next season.

I went with the single sets because I wanted both pumps to do the same thing at the same time in reverse and I commonly use both engines in reverse. Will at JBP recommended that I go with the the twin set and explained that using both engines in reverse with the twin set would only increase my speed not improve steering response. Plus I just wanted to try something different.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ronnie can you please talk a bit about the camera On the trailer ? How happy you are with it , how long have you had and how it does with being submerged , and is connected to the front and with what screen paired too.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie can you please talk a bit about the camera On the trailer ? How happy you are with it , how long have you had and how it does with being submerged , and is connected to the front and with what screen paired too.
The camera system consists of a 7” screen, a fixed and suction cup mount for it, two cameras (front and rear) plus a wiring harness. The systems can be configured for up to 8 cameras (e.g. for a 4 horse trailer, a camera for each horse and each side of the tow rig). You can also get wireless and/or non/less water resistant cameras. Mine has a standard 4 pin camera at the front of the tow vehicle and a larger 4 pin water resistant/proof camera mounted to the boat trailer. If I could do it over I would buy a 3 camera system and mount the third camera so that I could see the tow hitch/tongue/ball connection point on the fly (as well as when I’m making the connection, my vehicle’s rear view camera turns off whenever I shift out of reverse the aftermarket cameras are always on, even underwater, just in “standby mode” when the system/monitor is on.

This is my second system. The only issue I have with it is that at night the lights of the vehicles behind the boat, especially directly behind, cause a lot of glare. I’ve considered moving the camera to the top of a trailer guide or developing a temporary mount for the swim deck or wakeboard tower (probably just some Velcro and/or zip ties) but haven’t taken any action on either yet.

Here is a link to the system I purchased on eBay. This is a lot less expensive than my first system which was around $300. As I recall a user should be able to attach a storage device to this system if they wanted to build in “dash cam” functionality.

HD 720P Backup Camera and 7" Monitor Kit, 2 Cameras for School Bus/Trailer/RV/Truck/Pick up/Van Rear View Camera Single Power System IP68 Waterproof Night Vision Driving/Reversing Use Amazon.com: HD 720P Backup Camera and 7" Monitor Kit, 2 Cameras for School Bus/Trailer/RV/Truck/Pick up/Van Rear View Camera Single Power System IP68 Waterproof Night Vision Driving/Reversing Use: Car Electronics

I may put together a short video on this as well. As I suddenly have a lot of free time on my hand.