• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek Install Results '15 242 LS

Orangeheat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Received my Seadek kit from jetboatpilot and installed it yesterday afternoon. Went down very easily and came out great! Highly recommended!

Before:

After:

Orange

hmmm...I can't seem to open those pictures. You may want to change settings.

Oops - can you see them now?

@Orangeheat , you did a great job. The color really compliments your boat.
It elevates the whole look - really makes a difference.

This almost makes me want to ditch the green shag carpet I've been using all these years!

Almost. :cool:

I love the way it looks @Orangeheat What are the primary reasons/advantages over the factory carpet? I like the ability to wash and dry my carpet outside of the boat. I hate the carpet always wants to blow out when the cover isn't on.

We had the boat out for one weekend and that was enough to decide we didn't like the factory carpet soaked the first time the kids came aboard from swimming...there was already seadek on the swim platform and we liked the feel. Soft but with great traction and dries quickly .

This is adhered to the deck but can just be rinsed off since it is a closed cell foam. Plus the look is killer - the boat looks and feels luxurious now :)

Orange

Is there a good change of mold spots eventually on these ? If so how has anyone got the mold spots completely off ? For some reason I like the carpet b/c I know I can completely pull them and get every crevice of the floor area.

Really looks great!:winkingthumbsup"

Is there a good change of mold spots eventually on these ? If so how has anyone got the mold spots completely off ? For some reason I like the carpet b/c I know I can completely pull them and get every crevice of the floor area.

I don't think anymore than the rest of the boat surfaces. It is closed cell and inorganic - seadek recommends using spray and rinse cleaner like simple green.

Orange

We have not seen mold on any SeaDek pad since we began fabricating. O don't think its possible since it does not absorb water.

Looks fantastic!! Is it necessary to fill the snap holes before installing seadek

A lot of them are covered with the Seadek but there are a few that are not so elected to fill them all with the lifeseal. I think the ones covered by seadek would not be a problem if they were not filled.

Orange

Thanks! The color is new for 2015 - chocolate over black.

Orange

yes but remember teak is a style not a color

I am anxiously awaiting shipment on my sea deck from JBP. These pics look great! I opted for the walk through areas leaving the carpet inside for now as well as the ability to remove it when using the boat for fishing. I like the feel of the carpet but when it meets its end I am sure Sea Deck will be its replacement.

It looks great, I'm trying to resist the temptation and finding it hard with all these photos of great looking boats w/ seadek.

Back