• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek Install Video Adventure

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Really great video and the install looks awesome. Just got my SeaDek kit, but will probably wait until spring to install. Can't wait! How long would you say your project took? I bought every piece and now that it has arrived I'm thinking I'm in for a lot more hours than I imagined.

Chewiem16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sometimes it’s hard to judge how long something would take because I have to film it. That makes everything like 4 times longer lol. I’d say block out 2 days to be safe. 1 for removal and 1 for install. Good luck! It’s all worth it in the end

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great video! Would have never thought of the oscillating tool sitting 50’ from the boat. I’ve replaced the swim deck pads a couple of times and getting ready for cockpit kit.

Chewiem16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great video! Would have never thought of the oscillating tool sitting 50’ from the boat. I’ve replaced the swim deck pads a couple of times and getting ready for cockpit kit.
I couldn’t believe how well it worked either! It made the final cleanup so much faster. Good luck! 👍🏻

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the video, the tip about aligning all of the swim deck platform pieces is clutch, as I’m about to do that and would not have thought that far ahead. 🤙🏻😎

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Finished mine up! Big thanks to the folks at jetboatpilot.com and your video Chewiem16! I did discover this stuff goes down really well in the high-60s/low70s. My follow-up day was high 70s/80 and I had to be very careful as longer pieces can really stretch in higher temp conditions.

Attachments

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Finished mine up! Big thanks to the folks at jetboatpilot.com and your video Chewiem16! I did discover this stuff goes down really well in the high-60s/low70s. My follow-up day was high 70s/80 and I had to be very careful as longer pieces can really stretch in higher temp conditions.
Looks awesome I love the Dragon scale design, went with it myself

Chewiem16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those scales are sweet!