• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SeaDek or Smartmat?

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ive got a 2016 Scarab 215 HO on order. Ive got a couple of days to decide whether to stay with the carpet, upgrade to the scarab smartmat or get seadek . I dont really want to stay with the carpet, so what does everyone think about the smartmat vs seadek? I know there are pros and cons to both. maybe another alternative...

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
never heard of smartmat, could you provide some information

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Its a upgrade flooring from scarab. I think its actually made by DECKadence. Its kind of like softer rubbery loofa texture. It lets water pass through and sand falls into the openings instead of laying on the floor becoming like sandpaper. It lays on the floor and stays in place without snaps. The seadek just looks so damn good though. My biggest concerns are heat absorption and wear. Both are comparable in cost. If you search smartmat on the searchbar, there are some pics.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I looked into the Deckadence. It feels nice on your feet - very spongy. But I'd take the SeaDeck over it anyday. SeaDeck just looks so much nicer.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im contemplating getting sopmething. I hate how the underneath of the carpet gets the whole floor all grainy and dirty when you lift it up. My only downside with here is with seadek, its fastened onto the floor permanently..I like being to remove everything and hose down if needed. So deckadence is an option right now..im not sure of any others...also alot of my carpet snap screws are coming out of the floor..is this a warranty issue perhaps ?? ANyone with the deckadence ?

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well my understanding is that with the deckadence/smart mat, you will still have the sand and grit underneath. But no snaps to piss you off. The SeaDek can be hosed off and swept just like the fiberglass deck. The deckadence can be easily removed and hosed off and dried with no real mildew issues. The SeaDek looks awesome. The deckadence is probably cooler in the hot sun. The sea deck looks awesome.... still torn.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Plus I'm thinking the seadek has the potential to get spotty/stained or sustain mildew spots??? Anyone have this happen ?

Last edited:

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ive got a 2016 Scarab 215 HO on order. Ive got a couple of days to decide whether to stay with the carpet, upgrade to the scarab smartmat or get seadek . I dont really want to stay with the carpet, so what does everyone think about the smartmat vs seadek? I know there are pros and cons to both. maybe another alternative...
Hey jet set,

Hunt down @ScarabMike; he's pretty much the foremost enthusiast / authority on all things Scarab around here and I bet he has a pretty informed opinion. I recall seeing him recommend strongly against the Smart Mat, but I don't recall the reason. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on my own Scarab, but his advice and shared experience has been really informative.

Either way, be sure to follow up and let us know what you went with and how you like it. What was the lead time on your order?

-- AoK

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jet set The smart mat is no bueno. Yes it feels great, and yes it looks awesome, but it will tear at the storage locker seams, and slowly come apart. I would do the Sea Deck if you didn't want the snap in carpet. @JetBoatPilot sells a kit for the Scarabs.

Thanks for the compliments @Aces_Over_Kings

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@ScarabMike and @Aces_Over_Kings Thanks for the heads up on that smart mat. I spoke with Will at jet boat pilot and they have a 215 template for seadek already. Total cost is around $950. That's for everything including swim platform. The smart mat and stock swim platform pad cost $1800! Needless to say I ordered the seadek!