• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadek staining from Georgia red clay?

YamiJason

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We boat exclusively in North Georgia and I'm thinking of getting the Seadek kit for our 2015 AR210. The issue I'm concerned about is the kids climbing into the boat with clay/muddy feet or throwing shoes onto the boat with red clay on them (if you have been in a Georgia lake, you know what I'm talking about). Right now I don't even have the carpet down for this reason... Anyone have experience with this, specifically having any issues with getting red clay washed out of, off of, SeaDek?
Sort of related: Does installing Seadek over the textured parts of the cockpit get a good seal to the deck, or do I have to do something special to flatten, smooth, or level out the texture on the deck?
Thanks!

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not sure if my floor is the seadek brand , came stk with my boat 20 212S. But I keep the boat at lake Allatoona and I know what you are talking about with the red clay. My wife has a water bottle with a little dish soap and so far the clay came right of. A lot easier then carpet with other boats I have had. Regarding install not sure haven't installed.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will chime in. In NC we have a similar style clay. We had grey seadeck in our 212X. It will stain. I tried EVERY cleaner including Works toilet bowl cleaner and there was still a small stain. What I think the issue was is that it sat and dried onto the sea deck for a whole week before it was discovered. No shoes on the boat and no dirty feet. Rules are rules. No spray sunscreen either!

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Chevyguy2021 beat me to it... the red clay here in Central NC stains *everything*. Some snuck onto our gray SeaDek, I was able to get most of it off with a hard plastic brush and soap but I can still see a faint outline.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I guess I am lucky my wife noticed the clay before it dried. My seadek is the light gray also.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That stuff (red clay) is ridiculous. First time I went swimming in our lake I was wearing a white T-shirt--that T-shirt was never white again, took on a reddish tone after one time out.