• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadoo Pics

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, hope the 242 works out for you. I haven’t had any issues with the boat. Had one issue with the trailer brakes the dealer dropped the ball on. But other than that everything has been awesome.

Chris Reinking

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, hope the 242 works out for you. I haven’t had any issues with the boat. Had one issue with the trailer brakes the dealer dropped the ball on. But other than that everything has been awesome.
Yeah I've talked to a lot of people with the twin engine Challenger 210 and they all love it. I think either there were some serious weight distribution issues with the single engine version or I got a lemon. I've never met anyone else with the single engine so I'm not really sure. My first issue was that while on plane if we shifted any weight from the right to the left side of the boat the boat would make a sudden 90 degree "throw you out of the boat" turn. I'm talking my 60 pound son moving from behind me to behind my wife was enough to do it. The second issue was that the boat pulled to left so hard that I had to hold the wheel over 90 degrees to the right to get it to go straight. Due to that turning right was a total crap shoot. About half of the time when I attempted to turn right the boat would just come off plane and continue to go straight. I worked with Sea Doo and got both of the issues mostly fixed. Then during the first maintenance the dealer reversed all the changes and I was back to square one. Sea Doo would no longer work with the dealer to redo the changes and the dealers new management told me all my issues were just normal for jet boats. I was able to get the boat working a bit better by adjusting the weight distribution (moving the battery from the right to left side, making sure all the extra weight was in the back and left side of the boat) but at this point I just want to be done with it. The 242 will also let me fix my mistake of not getting the twin engines and not getting the bigger boat. I figure I'd rather take the hit of selling after a year than keeping a boat that makes me upset every time I think of it.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah Defiantly sounds like you had some real issues. I also have never met anyone with a 210 single engine. Met a guy in Florida with a 180 and he seemed to be real happy with his. The only thing i have notice when i was in extra heavy chop from wakes i have had to turn the wheel 60-90 degrees to keep it moving straight. But other than that no issues like you described. I sure you’ll enjoy the extra space of the 24 footer. i would have opted for the 230 if it would have fit in the garage.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just sold our 2012 Challenger 210. Nice boat and learned a lot about SeaDoo product from this experience. Never had the issue that you're referring to. I wonder if there were issues with the reverse bucket partially dropping without moving the throttle lever?

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Glad to hear that someone had the 210 Challenger single and didn't have the same issues I had. Now i feel vindicated for telling Sea Doo that I got a lemon. Well as of Tuesday its someone elses problem. Lesson learned, never by a boat without a lake test.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really loved my 97 Seadoo Speedster. It had twin 85hp 2cycle rotax engines and really jumped out of the water. It could pull me up on a slalom ski with no problem. My kids loved to sit on my lap and drive it. Unfortunately it's only a 4 seater and our family of 5 finally out grew it. I sold it in Sept of 2012 and purchased a 212x which we thoroughly enjoyed last summer.
DSCN0355.JPG
DSCN0354.JPG
DSCN0356.JPG

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a 95 Sea Doo XP with that 85hp engine and that thing had a ton of power. Best PWC I ever owned.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice looking machine !!! Those boats have nice lines and the aft seating area/walkway to the swim deck is nice.

It'll be a sweatheart in BIMINI !!!!

I've seen a red one of these on my lake a few times...I've been trying to meet up with the guy to take a closer look...but he hasn't been able to catch me yet.....>>>WHUT<<<<????.......

What is the yellow craft next you you?....boat/jetski hybrid?

Lou4

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all... My name is Lou. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to add a pic of my boat. It's a 2012 Challenger 210 twin engine but I only have the 310 HP.
I have a few buddies I meet up with on weekends but they all have Yamaha's. Not too many Sea Doo's that I see in our area.

I have upgraded the stereo with a JL audio 600 watt amp. I have a 10 inch kicker sub, 4 Infiniti speakers in the cockpit and recently added 2 JL audio 6 1/2 on the transom seating area. I also added a 2nd battery.

Lou4

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all... My name is Lou. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to add a pic of my boat. It's a 2012 Challenger 210 twin engine but I only have the 310 HP.
I have a few buddies I meet up with on weekends but they all have Yamaha's. Not too many Sea Doo's that I see in our area.

I have upgraded the stereo with a JL audio 600 watt amp. I have a 10 inch kicker sub, 4 Infiniti speakers in the cockpit and recently added 2 JL audio 6 1/2 on the transom seating area. I also added a 2nd battery.
image.jpg

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Lou4 Glad the speakers work out for you... probably that was the only thing that work right in the challenger 180 i had.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks, Looks good. Thinking about adding some to mine over the winter

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good looking boat! The water looks great....

Christopher Stufft

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That pic at Crab Island must have been during the week, lotsa pontoon boats. I live in Destin and the waters perfect for jet boats there.

SimiEd

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
FB_IMG_1424035251520.jpg Newbie to this forum. Purchased a 2010 Challenger 180 the end of 2014 and love it. I'm interested in installing Jet Boat Pilot rudders and looking for any feedback from folks who have installed these in their Sea Doo.

Last edited: