• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadoo Spark fuel filter(s)

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have seen various threads, posts, youtube videos etc regarding the number and location of fuel filters on seadoos.

I know from my past experience owning challenger 180 that there are (2) fuel filters, one of which was required disassembly of the fuel pump.

So I ventured off the replace the filter(s) in my 2018 spark and found that there are actually 3 but only 2 are serviceable;

The first and most obvious is clipped onto the bottom of the fuel pump assembly. This has the cut outs for the "legs" that rest on the bottom of the tank and is clearly accessible after you pull the unit from the fuel tank.

The second is a round filter that clips on the bottom of the fuel pump itself and requires popping the 3 little tabs to open the canister and access the pump- be careful not to break these tabs. I found it best to gently pry up with one screwdriver while seperating the top of the wall of the canister with a second flat head.

The 3rd is a cartridge style paper filter, much like the oil filter, and is located on the top of the assembly under the gray cap. This one is a part of that gray cap and does not appear to be serviceable. Also note; it is VERY difficult to pop those tabs off and even harder to get the filter re-seated and clipped back on. I do not recommend opening this just to look/clean/inspect etc.

Figured I would post this info/photos for reference since the parts fiche only shows the 1 external filter and I have seen the topic discussed several times.

Attachments

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
So were you able to pull it out and match it up at a local auto parts?