• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seakeeper “trim tabs”???

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love to have these on my Yamaha but I already have trim tabs and the cost is a bit pricey for the benefit.

IMG_2217.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what benefit they would be over standard trim tabs.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot recently demoed a boat with these.

$4,500 is crazy expensive! Perhaps four and half time the cost of electric trim tabs.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seen those at the boat show. They looked interesting.

meaningreen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was interested until I saw the price. Benefits being fully automatic and the reaction time to correct for the conditions. Think it would be better for off shore usage then lakes.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for posting that price. I have completely lost curiosity now.

Actually, I still wanna know how they work, and what they accomplish. But I have no interest at that price.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the tech and concept is cool. Even for ocean usage, at least in the boating that I have done, not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My friend is an engineer at seakeeper and worked on this. We exchanged some texts about it. Basically it works incredibly well and I should put it on my boat. And he says that there's demos available to see it in action. I couldn't do it because at the moment it's low on my priority list, but I imagine it would be valuable to someone who offshore fishes a lot.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors Yes these do operate like our trim tabs but interactively adjusts to dynamic roll and pitch conditions smoothing out the ride automatically faster than you can manually.

It would be interesting if someone could use an audrino or other microcontroller to interface with our existing trim tabs and develop and program an algorithm to duplicate the effect. (I know-a lot of and’s).

I am currently building an underwater ROV with an audrino so I know it is possible. Maybe when I finish this project I will look into this…

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Look like an interesting product. Maybe too pricey for a 50k jetboat, but maybe price right for a bigger more expensive one? Many folks seem happy with the gyro stabilizers that they sell for larger boats, and this adds to their product portfolio.

Jim

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Zipwake is similar. The man benefits in a interceptor style of trim is speed in which they can adjust and the amount of less drag they produce.

rlyons_ii

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes, this is more suited for ocean or big water use

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be interesting if someone could use an audrino or other microcontroller to interface with our existing trim tabs and develop and program an algorithm to duplicate the effect. (I know-a lot of and’s).
The problem is mechanical system delay. The LectroTab actuators are simply too slow to react in comparison to these other systems. Sure you can automate the system, but by the time they react to the conditions at hand, you're in new conditions. You have to react VERY VERY fast to be able to do dynamic conditional balancing like that.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, this is more suited for ocean or big water use
Thanks for posting.

Will's starting to show a little grey here and there. Perils of being a small business owner I suppose.