• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seaking lite proformance upgrades for 2020 SX190

lokart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know of anything like these types of upgrades for the SX190?
RIVA Yamaha Pump Seal Kit, For RY22070, FX 2012-21

The intake and ride plate solve issues (porpoising, cavitation from intake leaving the water) created by the limited size and weight of a ski. Boats don’t have those issues.

I think some people have sealed up and smoothed out their intake tunnels. I’m not sure how big of an issue that is.

The intake and ride plate solve issues (porpoising, cavitation from intake leaving the water) created by the limited size and weight of a ski. Boats don’t have those issues.

I think some people have sealed up and smoothed out their intake tunnels. I’m not sure how big of an issue that is.
Makes sense. Thought maybe a pump seal kit might still be a worth while improvement if there is such a thing for these boats.

Makes sense. Thought maybe a pump seal kit might still be a worth while improvement if there is such a thing for these boats.
did you ever try the improved intake grate?

Would agree with other posts. The grates and plates were made for skis who's horsepower to weight ratio far exceeds our boats. All of my ski's were equipped as such and they helped in tracking and holding a line around a closed course. I think you might look at your prop, reduction cone and the pump cone for more tailored performance: more top speed or more grunt out of the hole.

The performance parts I've seen for the boats have to do with eliminating the back fire (ribbon) element and placing a "ribbon-delete" in its place which basically pulls the restrictive element out of the air stream through the throttle body. See Riva Racing. I think some others have completely eliminated the OEM Air Cleaner Box.

Would agree with other posts. The grates and plates were made for skis who's horsepower to weight ratio far exceeds our boats. All of my ski's were equipped as such and they helped in tracking and holding a line around a closed course.

The performance parts I've seen for the boats have to do with eliminating the back fire (ribbon) element and placing a "ribbon-delete" in its place which basically pulls the restrictive element out of the air stream through the throttle body. See Riva Racing. I think some others have completely eliminated the OEM Air Cleaner Box.
I want to hear some data from actual testing. Theories are just that, theories. Who has tried an upgraded grate and can provide any real results? I actually can't find ANYONE on here who said "yup i put it on a noticed a difference of XXX".

There's a guy on the tube who tested his ribbon delete with back to back tests. Higher Rpms and better out of the hole but nary a top speed increase.

There's a guy on the tube who tested his ribbon delete with back to back tests. Higher Rpms and better out of the hole but nary a top speed increase.
I did the ribbon delete, didn't notice any difference worth writing about.

That's good to know. I'm still stock and will stay that way. My only need is dependability/reliability.

That's good to know. I'm still stock and will stay that way. My only need is dependability/reliability.
Ya i wouldn't bother. I might make more of a difference at higher altitude, judging from others' comments. the spark arrestor is a weird thing, you look at it and think "how could air ever flow through here at all", but if you hold it up to the sun you can kinda see through it, and i bet i could almost have blown a candle out through it. It wasn't as restrictive as I thought.

There's so many differing experiences on these boats that good info is almost impossible to find on certain topics. I emailed GreenHulk and below is what he said regarding potential performance improvements. (i told him the ribbon delete was already done which he liked):

"There's not a whole lot you can do for the naturally aspirated engines, but we do have a few things. You already have the ribbon delete, which is great. Your next step is this air intake to replace your restrictive stock air intake
RIVA Yamaha GP/FX/VXR/VXS HO Power Filter Kit 2012-21 [RY13062] : PWC Performance Parts

go with this engine breather upgrade
RIVA Yamaha 1.8L Engine Breather Upgrade Kit, 2012 & NEWER [RY19040-12-EBUK] : PWC Performance Parts
"

Back