• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seat backs got punctured

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well my biggest fear (or one of them) with my boat happened this weekend. I have to lower the tower to get under a bridge to be able to go to parts of the lake we are on. With the 2015 it lowers down in the back when you remove a support arm, and not forward like today's boats. The towers connection with the support arm creates a sharp corner on each side. We had friends in town, and they were trying to help lower the bar as we went out. The tower slipped while being lowered, punching a tear on each side of the seat back cushion. I have seen people talk about "Shoe Goo" or something like that for a fix. Not sure if this is the right application for it. Could someone that works with this type of material make it essentially disappear with a repair? If so, any recommendations for someone in the Louisville, KY area or are they easy enough to get off that I could ship them?

I started a thread in the AR210 section asking if anyone else has had this issue or if a bracket has ever been made for temporary raising/lowering. No response. I know there are some support brackets when you store the boat that allows you to keep the tower down. Thinking I might have to fork out the $60 and then modify them a little bit or try to get someone to custom make something.

IMG_3773.jpegIMG_3774.jpegIMG_3775.jpeg

Ouch my biggest fear also seat rips ect......... Hear my take shoe goo just glue would look awful......Best solution but by far most costly upholstery repair shop/cost of material by the yard and labor will shock you. Our you can do a cover up on both sides with a logo or what ever you like...... hear is a quick search for a Yamaha patch logo that could be sewn over the torn area. You might find better logos in a longer search than I did.
Yamaha Embroidery | Etsy

I'd contact a local upholstery shop. They may be able to fix it for under $100.

Back