• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

seat cushions on the swim deck of the 2020 AR240?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the new Ar240 and love it. Does anyone know if I can mount the seat cushions that are on the swim platform that are on the 242x or limited 242 on my AR240?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would think so.

Also, @JetBoatPilot used to make some super thick seadeck pads to use as cushions. Not sure if they still do or not.

JWExperience

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think any canvas shop can put snaps in to button those seat cushions down, JBP I think sold a kit to install the snaps as well. We grabbed a few throwable square floats to use occasionally for about $12 to sit on.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just bought some from Cycle Springs off Ebay. JBP doesn't sell them anymore. We tried there first. Going to try to find an install video and put them on tomorrow!!!

JWExperience

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just found some seats from cycle springs on eBay and it says the seller is away until August 1st. I sent a message to get more info but that’s a bummer, just when I thought I had something.
@CokeZero, do you remember if this was the case when you ordered and what model did you order seats for? I think he only has 190’s listed.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a 2019 AR240. My wife ended up ordering them, and she "says" that the guy wrote back and told her they were the same cushion. Cycle Springs is the place @JetBoatPilot pointed me towards. They said they had been pushing all the calls for upholstery to them.

Nfinlay1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you get your order from them? How do they look?

We have a 2019 AR240. My wife ended up ordering them, and she "says" that the guy wrote back and told her they were the same cushion. Cycle Springs is the place @JetBoatPilot pointed me towards. They said they had been pushing all the calls for upholstery to them.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a quick one.
Nice , i have the same exact boat , i just use those square throwable flotation cushions in white to sit on when im on the swim platform

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just FYI it's a pain in the a** to have to remove them every time you want access to the clean out ports. I went with the thick sea deck and have had no regrets. (My boat is not a 2020 just assuming clean out ports are still under that area)

CokeZero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It really isn’t that bad. Just pulled them this afternoon. I positioned one of the 4 snaps per seat right past the t-handle so all I do is pop one and I can get hatch opened no problem. I did look at the thick sea deck though. I’ve read good things. We just took up snap in carpet and did full seadek on entire boat in June. We love it.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That's one of the features we liked with the Vortex models - built-in cushions on the swim platform. We had no need for a 24' boat so instead if we're hanging out at the back we have colour matched grey outdoor seat cushions with the ties on them (the kind you get for outdoor patio chairs). We just tie them off so can't "fall" into the water and they look great with the seadeck and colours of the seats.

Nfinlay1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we love them! We used them today! Laid out the snaps carefully and installed. Very happy
Do you have any videos or pictures of the install? How did you install the snaps into the deck hatch? Did you drill a pilot hole or do the snaps just screw in? Did you use any silicone when securing the snaps to the deck hatch? Any tips you have would be great.

If you have a picture of the hatch with just the snaps on it, I’d love to see that too.

Got these for Christmas from the wife, which now that I think about it, she just got for herself for Christmas…and now I need to install them.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am sorry it has taken me a minute to respond! Crazy spring weekend! I am not a very good step by step installation guy. I have included a few pictures that I took this weekend while we had the boat out. I hope this helps!

Attachments

Nfinlay1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am sorry it has taken me a minute to respond! Crazy spring weekend! I am not a very good step by step installation guy. I have included a few pictures that I took this weekend while we had the boat out. I hope this helps!
This is great! Thank you!
How did you attach the clips to the hatch? Did you drill pilot holes? Use 5200/4200 to secure them? Also, what was your trick for lining up where the clips should go?

CokeZero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The seat came with male snaps + phillips screw (all one piece) I used the seat cushion with female snaps & figured out the left/right tolerance & once I had it in the place I wanted I pushed the female snap down into the sea dek foam so it made a sort of imprint. I lightly marked with a black marker & used a small pilot bit smaller than the male snap screws. I used 3M 5200 with a little dab to make me feel better & used a phillips screw driver versus a battery drill to tighten down.

Nfinlay1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The seat came with male snaps + phillips screw (all one piece) I used the seat cushion with female snaps & figured out the left/right tolerance & once I had it in the place I wanted I pushed the female snap down into the sea dek foam so it made a sort of imprint. I lightly marked with a black marker & used a small pilot bit smaller than the male snap screws. I used 3M 5200 with a little dab to make me feel better & used a phillips screw driver versus a battery drill to tighten down.
Thank you so much for your responses. I am going to try and get mine installed this week while the weather is still sorting itself out.

Nfinlay1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last question for ya, did you cut out any of the seadeck where you installed the snaps or did you just go right on top of it?

Got them installed this afternoon

5CC86E05-AB4E-4476-9068-BA139B40AF1C.jpeg

Last edited: