• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seat storage, hanging them from tower.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I got tired of my rear seats always being the way. At menards I bought some rotating 2" plastic pipe hangars for PVC. Mounted to back of seat, had to add a few washers on hangar side so it had room to rotate. Now I just lift the seats off and hang them on the tower. I did this on both rear seats. Happy with the results.

Attachments

• 20150816_165014.jpg
    20150816_165014.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 20150816_165035.jpg
    20150816_165035.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 20150827_163010.jpg
    20150827_163010.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
Good idea !!!!

When you say "rear seats always being in the way", in the way of what and when? When working on the boat, at anchor, etc.? I have the same boat and wished the seats hinged like the 2015+ models, but I have no reason to want them off for extended periods of time.

Great idea!!!

@SCSTWG yes both are good example, When working on the boat, when at anchor, when loading the boat, when emtying the boat. All the time haning them on the tower, unless doing a quick grab for something specific.

Got it - I agree that if you have them off for prolonged periods of time and are moving about that this is a nice hack you have done. Glad to see Yamaha move to hinged seats on the new 24' boats. The big PITA for me is the stock cooler. I have gone to using a soft AO cooler and having it in the cockpit. Not a fan of having it sit on the cockpit floor though either. Of course, I am also not a fan of dropping $65k on a new boat as well.

I like the idea!!! I would get hooks that swivel though, when I fill ballast it goes right up to the bottom of the seat.

Back