• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seating Capacity

Love the real world reporting!
Bush pigs?

Any LEO off the paved highway, in the bush or on the water. DNR, Sheriff, Trooper.

We had two sheriffs in their boat spot locked right behind us at the concert. The twenty year olds set their drinks down on my swim platform next to an adult very quickly and took a stroll up to the deck/stage to blend in with the crowd.

I came back to the boat asking my wife and her friend why they were two-fisting white claws and she glanced over her shoulder to see the bush pigs with field glasses. I just giggled and told them to enjoy!

Honestly, there is not a swimsuit wearing person on that sandbar with an ID, including me. They were just their maintaining a presence. If they suspected under age drinking, they would probably ask them to dump it. Which is very cool as the crowd was all in good behavior knowing the weather was changing quickly.

My lord you guys are insane having that many people on the boat. Not for safety or legal reasons or any of that.......but how does anybody move? Where in the hell do you put the coolers? Towels? Food? Water Toys? In order to have 10-12 people on board everyone has to sit upright with perfect posture, four in the bow, eight in the cockpit, all with shoulders touching.
Just teasing here of course as everyone's style of boating is different and how many people you can be around in one setting is different but I think I would end up being one of those people you see in the videos who are driving then just dive off at speed LOL.

My lord you guys are insane having that many people on the boat. Not for safety or legal reasons or any of that.......but how does anybody move? Where in the hell do you put the coolers? Towels? Food? Water Toys? In order to have 10-12 people on board everyone has to sit upright with perfect posture, four in the bow, eight in the cockpit, all with shoulders touching.
Just teasing here of course as everyone's style of boating is different and how many people you can be around in one setting is different but I think I would end up being one of those people you see in the videos who are driving then just dive off at speed LOL.

Very good point. When putt-putting around the lake, we use a 15 passenger tri-toon. When buzzing in our 242, there is very rarely more than 6 and that's plenty comfortable, especially with the bow filler cushions setup upright, as three astride in the bow is very comfortable.

This past Saturday, we were truly just the vessel to get as many friends out to this Rock-out-with-your-dock-out concert, and we knew the landing was shallow. So the tritoon stayed on the lift. We had no intentions of riding all day full, just get there, setup and get back.

Many times we are getting to a cove, setup a lilly pad and tie up and enjoy the water. When the OP said 10 miles, yup, you would wanna be aware of your comfort level for that length of time. Although a 242 could cover that distance quickly with good conditions.

1720475512846.png

Gents-
Apologize in advance if my question has already been covered elsewhere.
Tag on my boat says 8 persons OR 1,250 Lbs. so, my question is, can you have 9 people on board but way under the weight limit?
I did so last Wednesday only to get over to an island, on a very short trip I had 9 people on board, but 3 of them were kids under say 50 lbs.
I figured total weight of all 9 of us was around 1,050 lbs.
So, would have I gotten a ticket by the coast guard? Since the tag says "OR" was I covered?
Thanks in advance.

I'm sure every state is a little different. In NY, the weight per person is assumed to be 174 lbs for stability and safety considerations when licensing public vessels. If you're stopped, they can probably use that number, weather and traffic conditions, other equipment you have on board, etc to determine if you're operating safely within the capacity of your boat. But like TommyMcK said above, they can definitely count. Maybe a warning, maybe a ticket, depending on how their day has been.

Back