• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seats recovered?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anybody had all the seats recovered? I'm hoping to have it done this winter and just wondering how much it will be. I'm thinking it will be around 2000.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did on my last boat. But in my experience with this kind of work pricing is usually dependent on location, how much of a rush you're in and time of year. Another cost factor is whether or not you remove the cushions or just drop the boat off. I saved money by bringing in the cushions, but gave it back by asking for them back within the week. I would think that your 2k estimate would be in the ball park though.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just had it priced out from the Amish guy that just made me a cover. Every single piece of vinyl replaced (including trim strips, captain chairs, etc) for $1600 - 1800. He's on the lower side of cost.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just had it priced out from the Amish guy that just made me a cover. Every single piece of vinyl replaced (including trim strips, captain chairs, etc) for $1600 - 1800. He's on the lower side of cost.
Thats CRAZY low. . . . . How did that cover come out?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Detonate had his interior redone recently...

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I paid 3k, but I opted for upgraded PERMAGuard vinyl.

I took my cushions out myself. Turns out not only did that not make any difference in pricing, it made it more difficult for the shop.

I ended up having to bring my boat back in to have some cushions adjusted.

Without the boat, it's impossible for them to cover the curved pieces.

image.jpg

Only had 3 cushions with wrinkles, but it was a pain having to go back.

Should have left the boat there.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats CRAZY low. . . . . How did that cover come out?
It came out great. WeatherMax 80 fabric. He installed snaps on the underside of the rub rail so they're not noticeable. Three poles... One in the bow, two in the cockpit. They each snap into boat vents in the cover. All rub points are reinforced with vinyl. I trailered it 90 miles to get it home and there were very few places I could see the fabric move... It was that tight. They also added reinforced tabs with grommets so I can put straps under the boat if I want on long trips, just for added security.

Total cost, including tax, $565. I'll make a thread with photos soon.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It came out great. WeatherMax 80 fabric. He installed snaps on the underside of the rub rail so they're not noticeable. Three poles... One in the bow, two in the cockpit. They each snap into boat vents in the cover. All rub points are reinforced with vinyl. I trailered it 90 miles to get it home and there were very few places I could see the fabric move... It was that tight. They also added reinforced tabs with grommets so I can put straps under the boat if I want on long trips, just for added security.

Total cost, including tax, $565. I'll make a thread with photos soon.
Awesome news. Please link me if you make a thread.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ouch. Winter vacation to Erie, PA? LOL

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was quoted 4-5000 today
Shop around. We got a couple of high quotes as well. I think it depends on how busy the shop is at that moment.

Probably call 3 times, and get 3 completely different quotes.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went down there and showed him pics of my boat. He said he could be more exact if I brought my boat in. He said it would be cheaper if I bought the seats from yamaha. Seems dumb. Not too worried about til fall anyway. Lots of boating still left this year.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went down there and showed him pics of my boat. He said he could be more exact if I brought my boat in. He said it would be cheaper if I bought the seats from yamaha. Seems dumb. Not too worried about til fall anyway. Lots of boating still left this year.
Sounds like he doesn't want to screw with your boat. Either he's too busy or likes higher end work.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Marvin willis, Will @JetBoatPilot is developing a seat recovering kit for your boat. Get in touch with him. The pics I have seen of the boat Will is restoring are pretty amazing.

I just found them

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do all first generation 230s have dual captains chairs or do some have J seating?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length