• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Securing Ballast Bags

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How does everyone secure the ballast bags around their boats? Last weekend I had an 800# bag on the port seat which I tied to the tower, but where else does everyone tie the bags off? I'm especially curious about the ones on the swim deck.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've wanted to create some sort of a stiff foam wedge (like a wheel block) to help secure the bags on the swim deck - haven't gotten around to it. The bags in the boat I don't secure with straps, but I have wedged a boat fender under them to keep them from rolling.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How does everyone secure the ballast bags around their boats? Last weekend I had an 800# bag on the port seat which I tied to the tower, but where else does everyone tie the bags off? I'm especially curious about the ones on the swim deck.
Bill, if we kill some of those snakes we could use them as "stops" for the bags to keep them from rolling off :D

You could buy one of those industrial suction cups and stick it around the step-over area at the back of the boat and then just tie a rope to it to hold the swim platform bags.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For a rear swim deck bag I go from the center two hook, under the bag, around the bag and back up to a handle that we have on our 230 boats. Works very well as long as you are not trying to out run a storm and empty while you are heading back to the dock. You end up losing it.... :hurting:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah yea forgot about that tow hook. Seems best idea since it's free :D