• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Service Manual 2016 242 Limited S

Tampa_Mark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Greetings,

Does anyone know what the correct service manual is for a 2016 242 Limited S (NOT E-series)?

I ordered LIT-18616-03-67 per the Yamaha Pub site and I received the E-series service manual (pic attached). The part # matches up but it really covers only the E-series (for example, has nothing about the manual start keys, only push button start, etc.).

I'm thinking I should have received LIT-18616-03-56.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am looking for the same manual as well.... I cant even find the PDF of the owners manual. I did find the online version, but it cannot be downloaded. LIT-18626-11-06

Tampa_Mark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha employs the best blocks to keep anyone from sharing pdf's of their manuals. Likewise, their online Owner's Manuals cannot be downloaded or printed. Additionally, their jet boat sales brochures are removed from the internet after a few years (not sure why, since they are free).

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure that the LIT-18616-03-56 is really what you want either ?? Here is a picture of mine. The way I read the cover it applies to 2015-2018 AR240 and SX240 BUT only applies to 2015 Limited / S ? I didn't think there were any changes between 2015 and 2016 to what was then the "new" 24' boats but just going by what it says ?

Attachments

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
p.s. If you want it , we can work something out ?? I don't have that boat any more and have no need for the manual. Now have a 2019 242 LSE.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’d be interested if Tampa_Mark and n_ikkon pass.

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
p.s. If you want it , we can work something out ?? I don't have that boat any more and have no need for the manual. Now have a 2019 242 LSE.
Hi..,, I am definitely interested. PM me so we can talk.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@n_ikkon & @WiskyDan , thanks for your interest. I'm trying to give @Tampa_Mark a couple days to reply ? I would like to have the manual he got for the E Series boat in exchange for the one I have for the Limited non E series ? I have sent him a pm in addition to this post. He has not yet replied to either ? That would save me $75 if he is interested. If no reply by the weekend , I will reach out to you guys.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Understood, thank you.

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@n_ikkon & @WiskyDan , thanks for your interest. I'm trying to give @Tampa_Mark a couple days to reply ? I would like to have the manual he got for the E Series boat in exchange for the one I have for the Limited non E series ? I have sent him a pm in addition to this post. He has not yet replied to either ? That would save me $75 if he is interested. If no reply by the weekend , I will reach out to you guys.
Hi... Just following up... Where you able to get a hold of tampa_mark? I really need the manual.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK , its yours !! He had already arranged for a swap out with whoever publishes Yamaha's manuals. Why don't you just pm me with name and shipping address ? I should be able to get it in the mail tomorrow , no later than Wednesday.

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK , its yours !! He had already arranged for a swap out with whoever publishes Yamaha's manuals. Why don't you just pm me with name and shipping address ? I should be able to get it in the mail tomorrow , no later than Wednesday.
Awesome... just sent you the PM

bonehunts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
If anyone wants to (in their spare time) create a PDF version of the E-Series manual, I'm ALL IN for it. I really want a version of it.

bonehunts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Lee. I was actually looking for the Service Manual but I'm happy to have this electronic version on my hard drive.

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It'll be done in about an hour!!!!!

Bored at work.
Hi Lee... First let me say... Semper Fi!
Thank you for posting this manual. Having this one offline is a great option and now I have it!

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hi Lee... First let me say... Semper Fi!
Thank you for posting this manual. Having this one offline is a great option and now I have it!
Semper Fi.

Sorry Ya'll, I didn't pay close enough attention and did the Owners Manual. If i could get my hands on a paper copy of the Service Manual I could do the same thing and get it out electronically.

Anyone want to sacrifice a paper one and I'll convert it into a PDF and post electronically let me know.

Thanks