• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shake Down Run on the Susquehanna Long Level *Pic heavy*

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
We may head out there today. My oldest works 4-8pm, and I'm trying to teach my youngest to get up on a wakeboard. May be a good opportunity. Weekends are overcrowded, damn motorcycles racing by while your trying to back down the ramp. You have to swing up into the lot and back down straight across the road, meanwhile damn bikers are trying to slide by while you're backing down. Jet ski's are flying and doing dumb shit in the no wake zone, making waves at the launch. This is why we stay away from there on weekends. They best time to get out there is Monday-Friday 4pm-dark. Like a sheet of glass, great for watersports, or fukkin the admiral with a little privacy, whatever. Its tough to tow a tube or boards while the jet skis trying to jump your wake and tons of boat traffic on the weekends.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We may head out there today. My oldest works 4-8pm, and I'm trying to teach my youngest to get up on a wakeboard. May be a good opportunity. Weekends are overcrowded, damn motorcycles racing by while your trying to back down the ramp. You have to swing up into the lot and back down straight across the road, meanwhile damn bikers are trying to slide by while you're backing down. Jet ski's are flying and doing dumb shit in the no wake zone, making waves at the launch. This is why we stay away from there on weekends. They best time to get out there is Monday-Friday 4pm-dark. Like a sheet of glass, great for watersports, or fukkin the admiral with a little privacy, whatever. Its tough to tow a tube or boards while the jet skis trying to jump your wake and tons of boat traffic on the weekends.
One time I was at the Clarke Lake upper ramp and a Coast Guard Auxiliary person was there doing safety inspections. She walked up to our boat while we were setting up and asked her about the road going through the ramp and the hazard that creates with people backing boats across the road to reach the ramp. She said your supposed to pull into the paved area 90 degrees adjacent to the ramp and back into the ramp from there making a 90 degree turn as you do so. Your not supposed to back across the road. I mentioned that was pretty inconvenient and adding additional stress to a potentially already stressful situation. She agreed but said unfortunately that's the way it is. Another reason we don't frequent Clarke Lake very much.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
One time I was at the Clarke Lake upper ramp and a Coast Guard Auxiliary person was there doing safety inspections. She walked up to our boat while we were setting up and asked her about the road going through the ramp and the hazard that creates with people backing boats across the road to reach the ramp. She said your supposed to pull into the paved area 90 degrees adjacent to the ramp and back into the ramp from there making a 90 degree turn as you do so. Your not supposed to back across the road. I mentioned that was pretty inconvenient and adding additional stress to a potentially already stressful situation. She agreed but said unfortunately that's the way it is. Another reason we don't frequent Clarke Lake very much.
Yea, the DNR cop told me the same thing, that's a real PITA to back in 90 degrees. I try not to, but that is the proper way out there.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We did this today, went well...much bigger than I expected. Used the upper ramp which was a little "week".
Could see the ramp situation being a big mess on the weekend.
I did not see any place to tie the boat up while I parked the truck but my sister said there was a dock but I missed it.
Lived in Reading 50 years and never knew there was a "lake" there...or the other 2 down below.
Thanks for providing suggestions.
Was 45 minute drive, thinking for extra 20 minutes we liked the upper cheasapeake a little more.
But this would be a good spot for water sports as Blue marsh ( which is 10 minutes for me) seems to have Algae issues every year now once it gets warm.
*Was also surprised that there are Private/cabins on a few of the islands in the river/ lake!

Last edited: