• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Shallow water alarm

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Any way to turn this off, so it doesn't incessantly beep when in shallow water? I was entering a thoroughfare that was just below 3' for a short stretch, so the alarm was constant for about 1 minute. It'd be nice to hit a button to acknowledge it - is that possible and I don't know it? It's nice for the initial warning, but unnecessary past that. I also had it go off at the ramp, which has a short dock and shallow water. Both cases I was aware of the level prior to it going off.

Thanks,

Tim

Yep. The left button on the starboard tach will acknowledge and stop the beep. A little AL icon will remain in the corner of the display.

Also handy for trailering...

I will have to try that. You can also adjust the depth of the alarm also. Directions are in the manual. Have not got as far as actually doing it.

Yep. The left button on the starboard tach will acknowledge and stop the beep. A little AL icon will remain in the corner of the display.

Also handy for trailering...
Thank you!

I put some tape over the horn/buzzer so it is not so loud.

reduce the alert level to 1.5

Just got back from Priest Lake, ID and the left starboard button did the trick. Thanks all!image.jpgimage.jpg

I have decided to adjust the depth on mine at least once per season then decided not to. My logic is that when I am seeing a depth alarm I do not want to throttle up and vacuum up any garbage off the bottom.

I wish it were easier to turn on/off. I hate that I have to silence it each time on the ramp, but don't want to disable the alarm because it is a good warning of shallowing water.

You could always find the buzzer and add a switch to turn it off.
Or a bathroom type timer so you don't forget to turn it back on.

I just put tape over mine to make it much less annoying.

You could always find the buzzer and add a switch to turn it off.
Or a bathroom type timer so you don't forget to turn it back on.

I just put tape over mine to make it much less annoying.
Yeah, I might try some tape to dampen in a bit. I like the heads up it gives, but I don't like that it's so loud and constant that it turns heads.

I turned my alarm off because SW Florida has very skinny water and my alarm was going off continuously. Its just something that I have learned to constantly watch (the depth) especially driving much larger vessels where you are in deep ^%$# if you hit bottom. I watch the numbers and when I see them decrease sharply, I know to watch extra good and be ready to change heading. In most cases if you are not watching your depth gauge, by the time the alarm sounds, its too late!

I disabled the audible for the depth too. Talk about annoying!!

Back