• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shift cable/nozzle cover acting weird

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Adding to that, I had a three levered LX210 for a year before upgrading. Being able to put one engine in reverse while the other is in forward or even neutral is a huge improvement in low speed manuversbility.

Smassey22180

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The question is why it bent. Either the bucket was jammed or the cable was corroded and stuck.

Just change the cables. Walmart has them for $36 each with free delivery to the store https://www.walmart.com/ip/33715448

You may hate me while you are changing them but you will be excited when you feel throttles afterward.
Thanks for posting this. I was looking around last night for an option that did not have shipping. Your link was for the 18' cable. I believe the OP with his 2004 boat will need the 17' cable. https://www.walmart.com/ip/SEASTAR-SOLUTIONS-MECH-TF-Xtreme-Universal-Control-Cable/33715451.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for posting this. I was looking around last night for an option that did not have shipping. Your link was for the 18' cable. I believe the OP with his 2004 boat will need the 17' cable. https://www.walmart.com/ip/SEASTAR-SOLUTIONS-MECH-TF-Xtreme-Universal-Control-Cable/33715451.
I found the Walmart option searching for the part number yesterday. I purchased from Partspak who had a low shipping cost and got then to me quickly. There also were some around $40 on Amazon.

The part number for his 2004 SR230 is F1C-U149C-01-00. This part was changed to F1C-U149C-00-00 for 2007+ 230s. SBT lists both an 18' and 17' length for SR230 cables. The 17' length is for the F1C-U149C-01-00 part number so it is likely that the factory cable is 17'. If you do replace the cables I would be interested to know how long they were. If you want to play it safe when ordering the extra foot of cable in the helm should not be an issue.