• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shipping Brackets/Tower Speakers

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We will be trailering the boat 1200+ miles round trip next month. I plan to use the shipping cover and brackets. We have two tower speakers mounted, Should I have any concern that the brackets will fail with the extra weight of the speakers? My thought is no but wanted to get some opinions. I can easily remove the speakers if needed.

We will be trailering the boat 1200+ miles round trip next month. I plan to use the shipping cover and brackets. We have two tower speakers mounted, Should I have any concern that the brackets will fail with the extra weight of the speakers? My thought is no but wanted to get some opinions. I can easily remove the speakers if needed.
How heavy? We talking 50lbs each or 10lbs each.

If it was me, anything over about 20-25lbs combined weight, and I would remove for transport.

How heavy? We talking 50lbs each or 10lbs each.

If it was me, anything over about 20-25lbs combined weight, and I would remove for transport.
I will have to check the weight. WS Icon 8's with swivel mounts.

I haul my 8.8 JLs all the time no issues, swivel mounts etc. I did a 1200 mile trip up to Michigan and back no problem. Would however recommend covers for the speakers. The tower was black both times from where the cover ends up... (Its a white tower)

I would take down the speakers just so they don't get destroyed by bugs.

I would take down the speakers just so they don't get destroyed by bugs.
He's got a newer 19ft. If he uses the shipping cover with the tower down, everything will be under the cover. No bug splats that way.

The shipping brackets aren't exceptionally robust, so I would be cautious with extra weight up there. If they're relatively easy to remove, I would. Just tape the wires up so they don't fibrate back down the tower.

He's got a newer 19ft. If he uses the shipping cover with the tower down, everything will be under the cover. No bug splats that way.

The shipping brackets aren't exceptionally robust, so I would be cautious with extra weight up there. If they're relatively easy to remove, I would. Just tape the wires up so they don't fibrate back down the tower.

My Kickers slide in and out which is great. I take them off in a few seconds and put them back on just as quick. Not sure what kind he has.

I have speaker covers but as @2kwik4u I don't really need them in this case.

According to the Wet Sounds website: Hang Weight: 6.6 lbs (2.99 kg) ea. I will probable just take them down to be safe.

Back