• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelander Broken Bunk

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Noticed this weekend the right main bunk on my Shorelander trailer “bouncing” in the waves at the ramp. Further inspection found it is broken with carpet holding it together.

Anyone experienced this?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Many times. If you don't back in far enough, the boat will snap em every time (pending how hard to run up on the trailer, anyway). Luckily, it's a fairly easy and cheap fix to replace.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Launched our boat this afternoon and after parking, noticed the port side bunk had collapsed. This is the first time in my 25 years of boating that I've ever experienced this. After removing the carpeting noticed it was completely rotten. My boat stays on the trailer in a secure garage so don't expect his level of deterioration in a < 3 year old trailer. Needless to say, didn't get to boat much today as I ended up running to local hardware store to get new 2 X 6 X 8. Makes me wonder about the condition of the other 3 bunks. Anyone experience anything similar?0526191303a_resized.jpg0526191304c_resized.jpg0526191339_resized.jpg0526191340b_resized.jpg0526191943_resized.jpg0526191943b_resized.jpg0526191943c_resized.jpg

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder how long trailers sit around before they actually put a new boat on them.

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I replaced mine this spring because they were rotten on the back ends. I found out then they were just a plain untreated board. I used treated this time so I hope they last a lot longer! If one is bad I'm sure the rest are close behind

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im think your right..i replaced the 1 with treated as well. Might as well do the other 3 boards.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SeanPC Happened to me last year on my "brand new" trailer. Replaced it with treated as well. This replacement trailer has been nothing but issues. 2 of the Carlisle tires were dry rotted and burst on the highway, the surge brake receptacle is rusting even though I wash the trailer and spray Salt Terminator after each use, and the 5 pin trailer wiring is always an issue.