• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelander trailer wheel stud sizes

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I’m sitting here at the local Les Schwab getting a tire replaced on my trailer (2022 Shorelander). I had a stud gall as I took off one of the lug nuts on the flat tire and they just informed me they don’t replace studs only hub assemblies. Since I am sitting here with my boat for no reason…….can anyone tell me what size and style of wheel stud I will need? It appears to be 1/2” but since it is on I can’t measure it and don’t know the length and thread pitch.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are quite a few options there. 9B567F28-255A-4BE0-94C1-3986E37543B4.jpeg Unfortunately, if you haven’t already, your best bet is to pop it out and just measure it up, and match it up. Here’s a list of standard stud sizes from one of my trailer supply companies.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are quite a few options there. View attachment 197140 Unfortunately, if you haven’t already, your best bet is to pop it out and just measure it up, and match it up. Here’s a list of standard stud sizes from one of my trailer supply companies.
Thank you. I popped it out and measured rather inaccurately with a tape (I really need to get dial calipers). I put in an order from Amazon with what appeared to be the same measurements. I’ll post it up if they are correct to maybe help someone else in the future.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the splined area diameter was too small on these. Otherwise a good length and thread pitch. I’ll just have to suck it up and buy some dial calipers to get the exact measurements. 5E0B0809-D928-4F6B-B59B-012587696604.png

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Perfect timing. I broke a lug nut off recently and just hit Auto Zone today. A very easy repair. Pop the broken stud out with a small sledge and and a bolt that is smaller in diameter than the stud then just pop the new one in. The only issue is the nut is 13/16 so you need to ensure you have that size socket with you. I will ppprobably order a matching set of lug nuts so they are all one size.

Also I am going to rotate my tires front to back after every season so I know the lug nuts will come off. If anyone waits 2 or 3 years and then gets a flat etc on the road good luck.

Also if you have not removed your lug nuts in a while tap them with a hammer a few times. spray them with some penetrating fluid and once you put the socket/breaker bar on rotate/bang it back and forth to try to break the seal and free the bolt. If you just put a socket/breaker bar on and yank you may just break the bolt off - which is exactly what happened to me.

Does anyone use anti-seize on the lug nuts?

I trailer back and forth from Dallas to NJ every other year or so and am getting pretty good at being a trailer sailor.

Scoop

ALso IMG-5965 (2).jpg

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good info. I finally got a set of dials and measured them to be .557” at the splines. Did you install it yet?

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Yep - ready to hit the road.IMG-5964 (2).jpg

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, I recommend anti-seize on the lugs. It really helps the next time you have to dive into it.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perfect timing. I broke a lug nut off recently and just hit Auto Zone today. A very easy repair. Pop the broken stud out with a small sledge and and a bolt that is smaller in diameter than the stud then just pop the new one in. The only issue is the nut is 13/16 so you need to ensure you have that size socket with you. I will ppprobably order a matching set of lug nuts so they are all one size.

Also I am going to rotate my tires front to back after every season so I know the lug nuts will come off. If anyone waits 2 or 3 years and then gets a flat etc on the road good luck.

Also if you have not removed your lug nuts in a while tap them with a hammer a few times. spray them with some penetrating fluid and once you put the socket/breaker bar on rotate/bang it back and forth to try to break the seal and free the bolt. If you just put a socket/breaker bar on and yank you may just break the bolt off - which is exactly what happened to me.

I trailer back and forth from Dallas to NJ every other year or so and am getting pretty good at being a trailer sailor.

Scoop

ALso View attachment 197862
So I stopped my AutoZone and there they were. Good info! No more guessing on Amazon. 😂

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found these, Stud Bolts. They appear to be oem parts. Matched shoulder height, diameter, and length leaves 3/16" extended beyond the lug nut.

Last edited: