• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelandr and Fulton F2 winch?

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I couldn't find the answer to this. Will the Fulton F2 winch fit the newer Shorelandr trailers?

Is the 2,000 single speed model big enough for the 242?

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe the bolt patterns are standard. I opted for the 2 speed 3200 pound winch on my 230, which is a lighter boat than your 242. The cost difference was so minimal, I figured I'd rather have too much than wish I had more. With the OEM winch, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't budge the boat on the trailer. Power on was the only way on and then slam the brakes on the truck if I need to move it a bit more once out of the water. And that was with Ultimate Bunk Boards...so I decided to pay about $20 more and get the higher capacity.

Something to think about.....

Also, when I put the bolt on that attached the handle, it didn't seem to get tight and then suddenly the bolt head popped off...so be careful. I was lucky that enough threads were exposed that I could get it out and put a stronger bolt in that I bought at Home Depot for $.20.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was leaning towards the single gear due to many complaints with the dual gear stripping. The highest single gear is 2,000lbs.

The Shorelandr trailer has a cover over the winch so I'm not sure if the Fulton will fit. I'll have to see if it's removable the next time I see the trailer.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's a direct replacement on the mfi. The single speed is plenty for the 240.