• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shoreland'r Bow Roller

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
On my 2022 SX 195, looks like Shoreland'r uses the cheapest bow roller possible as its scuffing the white on my hull. Does anyone know what the roller width and center pin diameter is, and if so, what brand roller should I replace this one with to stop the scuffing?

I should have known this would happen when the boat delivered with a shop towel between the boat and roller.
1650372710967.png

Attachments

• 1650372757699.png
    1650372757699.png
    573.2 KB · Views: 43
Mine seems to be fine but maybe because my hull is black. From everything I’ve read on this forum many people have changed the rollers and I believe the most recommended one is Stolz.

Hopefully somebody who has changed their roller can confirm.

This is what I had before I replaced my trailer. I have a 2021 195S. There are many many discussions here concerning the Stoltz rollers and there seems to be a few that will do the job. The main thing is they are all made of the same kind of soft non-scuff material. Hope this points you in the right direction.

Here's a picture from the dealer of the bow roller from my 252Se.

can someone give me the information of the best roller to buy ??

thank's in advance !

Attachments

• 007A9E4E-8FA5-426F-BB8B-CB2F325579DC.jpeg
    007A9E4E-8FA5-426F-BB8B-CB2F325579DC.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 40
@YamPat We have an AR250 so same hull as the 252. Just bought the 4" Stoltz through West marine.
I believe the reference is ULT-4
I just received it and will install it in the coming days.

@YamPat We have an AR250 so same hull as the 252. Just bought the 4" Stoltz through West marine.
I believe the reference is ULT-4
I just received it and will install it in the coming days.
Why did you pick the 4'' over the 3.5'' ?

I've seen several people with 25fter using that one. And it looked pretty good from the shape of the roller and looks like it fit between the trailer brackets. I will check later today and make some pictures if I find the time to go the storage.

3.5” is for the smaller 19’ boats since they have a slightly more narrow roller. That being said I still preferred the shape of the ULT-4 package for the 19’ and larger boats. Some folks like the 3.5” because it’s a direct drop in solution. Technically there will be a small gap if you go 3.5” roller because the stock roller is more like 3.6”. The main thing is the shape conforms to the hull correctly. There are threads and pics on here comparing the two and I prefer the roller that comes with the ULT-4 combo. Some people like it the other way. I would look around on here and decide what you want. Plenty of info about them.

@YamPat So you made me wonder. I decided to go install my new Stoltz roller. Just came back and I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4508.jpeg
    IMG_4508.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4509.jpeg
    IMG_4509.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4507.jpeg
    IMG_4507.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
Nice !!!
Did you had a hard Time installing it
I spent more time gathering my tools and heading to the storage rather than doing the install.
I would say alone 10 minutes. Probably because I had to lift a little bit the bow of the boat so I can slide the middle piece and then the bolt.
Depending on how the boat sits on the bunks, you may not have to do anything. And if you do that while the boat is out of the trailer, that is a matter of 1 or 2 minutes. I think I used a 3/4" socket and a ratchet.

They look so much more sturdy than the flimsy pos that comes with the trailer.

I had a hard time finding a seller here in Canada ... had to 26$ in shipping but what the heck... better than a big scratch !!!

Back