• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelandr Trailer Receiver Ball Size?

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Ever since I took delivery of my 190FSH and aluminum Shorelandr trailer it is difficult to Hitch the trailer to my Truck. The fit between the 2” ball on my trucks Hitch and the trailer’s receiver is very tight making the two difficult to Hitch/Lock the receiver and unlock the receiver/unhitch. Contacted the dealer who stated the trailer receiver opening was adjustable. I inspected the receiver and did not identify anything that could be adjusted. Does anyone know if the receiver is actually adjustable and or if the Shorelandr trailer receiver accepts a 2” or if it requires a 1 7/8” ball.” Any info is appreciated.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Normally there is a big nut on the very bottom of the piece that clamps onto the ball you should be able to back that nut off a little bit so it's not so hard to clamp down on the ball. Little hard to explain without having pictures but look underneath the tongue and you should see what I'm talking about

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Normally there is a big nut on the very bottom of the piece that clamps onto the ball you should be able to back that nut off a little bit so it's not so hard to clamp down on the ball. Little hard to explain without having pictures but look underneath the tongue and you should see what I'm talking about
There appears to be a nut between the receiver and the piece that clamps onto the ball (not below it), but I don’t believe I can reach it in order to adjust. I will take a picture and post. Appreciate your info and hopefully I can eventually adjust.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My shorelander sx190 trailer takes a 2" ball

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
There appears to be a nut between the receiver and the piece that clamps onto the ball (not below it), but I don’t believe I can reach it in order to adjust. I will take a picture and post. Appreciate your info and hopefully I can eventually adjust.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Posted the pics. In Image 1038 above the date and behind the piece that clamps onto the the ball there appears to a nut. However, I dont see how I can access.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will take a look at mine in the morning and see where the adjustment is

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Based on what I can see there is no adjustment on the style. May want to try another 2" ball.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Based on what I can see there is no adjustment on the style. May want to try another 2" ball.
Thanks for the info and effort. After much internet research on shorelandr trailers found information that there are lubrication points on the shorelandr A60 receiver that might correct the problem. Went out early this AM and lubricated the points with WD40. Keeping fingers crossed but it appears this might have resolved the issue. Ball fit and lock function were much more smooth.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well did that solve the problem?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just got mine, same hitch on it. 2” ball. I have never seen a hitch like it before the other day and I have towed a lot of trailers. When it won’t go on move the truck a little and it works. If the trailer is pushing to the truck it will not close. And lube always helps

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I just got mine, same hitch on it. 2” ball. I have never seen a hitch like it before the other day and I have towed a lot of trailers. When it won’t go on move the truck a little and it works. If the trailer is pushing to the truck it will not close. And lube always helps
Have experienced exact same issues and corrections with the trailer receiver. In addition to your remedies I would add that I have discovered in the last couple of days that jiggling and positioning the hitch on the truck precisely below the receiver opening (dead center) also helps. Regardless of whatever Shoreland’r may claim the trailer’s receiver 2” cavity is way too tight.