• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Should I conduct a nitrous test???

Z1500

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1. How do you intend to add more fuel to compensate for the air you just added to the mix?

2. Do you have the coin to rebuild the motor(s) after you either melt a piston or grenade the top end.

If you can answer the first question and say "yes" to the second question, go for it.

1. Super easy. Bigger fuel pump and a wet shot for the test. Add bigger injectors if turbos go on later.
2. I don't want to and will play it super careful with lots of monitoring, but sure if I have to. Omelettes require broken eggs.

Z1500

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL.
I live in Gilbert. See you out there!!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Even better! I’ll hold your beer for the test run.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What top speed are you getting here in summer @Z1500?
I don’t seem to get going as fast as other members say these go and I just assumed it was the heat and little bit of altitude.

Z1500

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same with me. The corrected altitude (baro pressure, heat etc) for the lakes around here is like 4000ft. I've only ever got to 46mph. I'm sure that's 50-51mph at sea level.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be interested in seeing the results of a N2o test. Kinda curious. Ran a doubled up plate injection system for 400 extra ponies on a 383 drag motor in a camaro, so I have a fair amount experience with the math involved in the jet tuning process. I agree that juice on a boat would be expensive, but only because I'd have to be filling the bottle(s) constantly. Probably wouldnt be able to wipe the grin off my face, though. Sorta like the grin you get when you fire full auto the first time.

Z1500

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best I can tell at sea level on flat water the Vortex 243 with dual 300's should be able to hit 62mph tops, 60 easy. I'm super impressed, honestly. Yamaha is way behind on that, even if they started putting dual SVHO 250hp engines in, they would still be well short. That Vortex is a rocket!

Looks like I will need 280-290hp out of each motor to hit 60mph. So for the bottle I'm going to start out with a 50shot per engine and work up to 100shot each. And I think I have to add knock sensors to the engines also, they don't seem to have them and I have to monitor that.
Turbos are going to have to push about 12psi to add 100-110hp per engine. That should be very doable. Just about any 4cly car can handle 12psi with no problems.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
12 psi should have you around 60 mph. The stock pumps are fine for that power. 8500 rpm with stock pitch impellers should be around 56 mph. Repitch stock impellers should be able to hit 59-60mph.

There are turbo kits, but none that I've seen that would be bolt on in a boat.

This would get very expensive.

Z1500

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
12 psi should have you around 60 mph. The stock pumps are fine for that power. 8500 rpm with stock pitch impellers should be around 56 mph. Repitch stock impellers should be able to hit 59-60mph.

There are turbo kits, but none that I've seen that would be bolt on in a boat.

This would get very expensive.
Dang. I can't believe how fast your boat is with just one engine. I had to go a couple miles on one engine when I got a wood chunk lodged in port side and that was super slow on the 24ft. What a fun ride your's must be.