• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show me your camper!

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What’s that? You want me to show off another one of my toys? Well...if I have to...

Attachments

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow. You can tow the boat too? The long receiver would freak me out a bit.
Curt makes an extension that when cut to 24" is rated at 600 tongue/6000 total weight; I'm upgrading the Ford factory hitch to a Torklift Magnum so that I can go up to 42" extension for our new heavier boat. Won't see the new boat until August!

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Trevor Shipman That's the nicest looking 2008 camper I have ever seen! Looks like it must have been kept in a sealed vault. I really like that floorplan too with the bunks in the back as well. I recently sold my Class A Diesel Pusher but am keeping my eye out for a good deal on a 26-30ft bunkhouse model. Your expandable starcraft would be perfect but I've never seen one like that.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Trevor Shipman That's the nicest looking 2008 camper I have ever seen! Looks like it must have been kept in a sealed vault. I really like that floorplan too with the bunks in the back as well. I recently sold my Class A Diesel Pusher but am keeping my eye out for a good deal on a 26-30ft bunkhouse model. Your expandable starcraft would be perfect but I've never seen one like that.
Thank you! I put A LOT of hard work into that baby. I looked high and low for that specific model. Usually the hybrid campers have a delamination issue or that white exterior that really shows the age. The exterior on this really holds up. There was a huge soft spot in the floor when I went to pick it up and the fixtures and counters just looked really old, cheap and dated. We completely ripped out 3/4 of all the floors (meaning you could see the ground below and replaced it all. Then added real hardwoods. Did granite on the counters with an under mount sink. I def added a lot of weight but pulling hasn’t been an issue.

But we love the setup of it. The bunks are awesome. They each have a small TV at the feet of it so the kids love having their own spot/privacy.

I’m shocked they do not offer bunk beds in hybrids anymore. I would think a lot of people would like them as it was one of the main reasons we sought out that model. 11DCF3AE-393E-416C-9F2A-CE5FA13ACCD1.jpegA01BEF37-6276-43BA-9573-163AD9A8211F.jpegB0E29592-86A7-4C83-9A96-B332999091A3.jpegBB995A68-7114-4C94-BD92-BC136B69B211.jpeg83B837AF-45CD-4ECC-A63C-953C5721677F.jpeg3174A957-F1FA-4AD6-8D29-BECA93FBF48D.jpegF4BDFA18-CD26-4B8A-B7FE-C76D5446E006.jpeg9BD66991-13C9-47D1-B8AC-FC93417157D5.jpeg

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
:eek: I must have missed the part where you gutted it @Trevor Shipman. Very impressive and very well done! I have seen LOTS of fixer uppers available but not sure I have the balls to take that level of risk in buying one. At least when something breaks you definitely know how to fix it at this point.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:eek: I must have missed the part where you gutted it @Trevor Shipman. Very impressive and very well done! I have seen LOTS of fixer uppers available but not sure I have the balls to take that level of risk in buying one. At least when something breaks you definitely know how to fix it at this point.
Ha! Well I certainly wasn’t looking for a project. I looked high and low for that model and found what looked to be a “sealed in a vault” unit in Tampa FL. He had it listed at 10k and I talked him down to $7,500 site unseen. So I drove down from Charlotte, NC to go pick her up and IMMEDIATELY I knew we had an issue. I noticed upon pulling up there was a sunfaded bumper sticker that was on the back, that was NOT in the pictures he sent me. The fact that the sticker was sun faded that means the pictures he sent me were from YEARS ago.

When I got there I’m sure my face looked like a ghost. I looked at him and said I drove 12 hours to come pick this up, you cannot do this to people. Long story short we agreed to $3,500 and I think it turned out to be a steal!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Trevor Shipman Forgive my camper ignorance......what makes it a hybrid?!?!
It has bed (s) that fold out like a pop up camper but still has a solid structure like a travel trailer. Very nice way to gain additional room. Those things are roomy in a smaller package.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Trevor Shipman Forgive my camper ignorance......what makes it a hybrid?!?!
No ignorance here! Hybrid is a camper that has the fold out tent ends for the beds. Lots of people get them for being able to add space to the camper without adding a lot of weight and length to the overall camper. They’re great for the average SUV to pull. I love them bc it still gives you the tent/camping feel with all the creature comforts we all want.

The downside is packing up in the rain. You can do it but you’ll want to make sure you open them up right away once you get home and the sun is out. You can camp all day in the rain with them open and stay 100% dry, it’s just a matter of folding them in wet when it’s time to leave.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Trevor Shipman I remember your thread when you first redid that camper. It really turned out better then new. We will probably downgrade ours at some point in time now that we don't have to live in it.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great looking camper @Trevor Shipman ! Our first camper was a hybrid too, a Jayco Jayfeather 23B. It was a great trailer and we never had any issues. We simply outgrew it. The kids needed their own beds. We upgraded to a 36' 5th wheel several years ago and solved that problem. IMG_20161125_162048.jpgIMG_20161125_162015.jpg20190314_104601.jpg
We upgraded the interior by removing the foldout loveseat and one side of the U shaped dinette to fit a leather, wallhugging reclining loveseat we found at Costco. It is the best. Wish we had one in our house! My wife recovered the dinette cushions to match. I replaced the older style LCD TV that gave off a ton of heat for a LED with a sharper picture. I then upgraded to a full on 5.1 home theater system with replacing the 4 ceiling speakers and adding a center channel and a powered sub. It shacks the trailer! At the same time I upgraded the outside speakers too since the originals were so small and blown. The last time I needed new tires I upsized from 15" to 16" to be able to easily get LT tires to fit. I was tired of worrying about the ST tires coming apart on me if i wanted to tow a little faster then 65 on occasion. I went with Michelins LTX with E load rating. They ride cool and true and track very well. Couldn't be happier with that choice. Wish I could fit a 16" tire on the boat trailer so I could do the same on it. Once the kids are out we'll certainly downsize to a smaller 5er or a travel trailer. This one is a lot of trailer to deal with at times, even though it weighs less then 10k, it's still a beast.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha, @PEARCE it’s funny the eveliution of our toys go! At first you’re just happy to have a boat (or “toy”) and then you quickly realize, man a 24’ Boat sure would be nice! I really love a 5th wheel, I bet the handling and confidence in towing is night and day compared to a travel trailer.

We’ve already discussed what the next camper will be. We’re actually going to go to the September RV show in Atlanta to walk around... You know just for ideas... I def won’t sit down and talk to a guy about numbers... No way... Nope... Not this sucker! Haha

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Love these threads and seein yalls other toys too!!

Here is our trailer we used to have. 2015 28' Wildcat Maxx. Pulled it onto Pismo beach, the high Sierras and the Nevada desert. We got rid of her when we moved to Tennessee. We tried camping here but its literally like setting it up in our backyard. The view is the same so we sold it and got a boat instead. So much more water than camping spots that dont look like home, lol.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love these threads and seein yalls other toys too!!

Here is our trailer we used to have. 2015 28' Wildcat Maxx. Pulled it onto Pismo beach, the high Sierras and the Nevada desert. We got rid of her when we moved to Tennessee. We tried camping here but its literally like setting it up in our backyard. The view is the same so we sold it and got a boat instead. So much more water than camping spots that dont look like home, lol.

View attachment 99318
How cool you can pull right up on the beach!!

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
How cool you can pull right up on the beach!!
Yeah you had to be careful. Sometimes a storm and high tide would swamp you and everything around you, lol. You would wake up in the morning and be underwater. Luckily we trailered with a big group so we all watched out for each other. Great times

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm the nut that goes ski camping. Dog screen door "mod" is my favorite. Off the shelf part and simple install. Have a nice LED pink flamingo that sits out front so everyone knows where the party is 😉

Attachments

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
8.5x22 LL VRV. and yes both Viking and Grizzly fits in.

Attachments

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm the nut that goes ski camping. Dog screen door "mod" is my favorite. Off the shelf part and simple install. Have a nice LED pink flamingo that sits out front so everyone knows where the party is 😉
How much propane do you go through in a season trying to keep that puppy warm?