• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your BOAT!

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks! Lots of sweat and hours. It wasn't abused, just well used. Almost 800 hrs and fired right up after the winter, I will miss that engine when I finally get a newer boat!

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Here are a few picsLa%20Yankee.jpg Yankee 1.jpg Us.jpg Percy Priest lake.jpg My toys.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice rig there @Jr15g ! Be sure to add your location to your profile so you show up on the member map! Also, when your asking questions or contributing to a discussion, it gives more consideration to your post knowing what climate or water you contend with. Thanks for your service and once again, thanks for joint the club!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been going through old pictures.....and I stumbled across this one from a long time ago. My daughter was 11 years old then. Today she is half way towards earning her Master's degree and she is teaching college classes at the university.

Either I got a speck of dust in my eye, or I'm getting sappy in my old age.

Word of advice to all you young parents,

Don't Blink....

San Antonio at night.jpg

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been going through old pictures.....and I stumbled across this one from a long time ago. My daughter was 11 years old then. Today she is half way towards earning her Master's degree and she is teaching college classes at the university.

Don't Blink....

View attachment 4641[/QUOTE

Don't Blink....

View attachment 4641
Yeah no kidding...... Seems like just last month I was teaching The Boy how to swim and surf in the ocean, and he slept in the port storage compartment on Magic .......Now he QB's for his High School football team and being is recruited by colleges......

Last edited:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude..not the song..damn! Now I'm getting a lump in my throat...Time is a cruel friend...how do we not realize it as its slipping by us?

bgood188

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
@Glassman this is the main reason I bought a boat. I want to build some great memories with my daughter. She's 12 soon to be 13 and I want her to have some grey memories of her old man. She's growing up fast. Today was one of those days for her. She beat her old man in a mile run. She's clipping off 9 Min miles at 12. I could not keep up with her! Either she's getting older and faster or I'm getting older and slower!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Glassman this is the main reason I bought a boat. I want to build some great memories with my daughter. She's 12 soon to be 13 and I want her to have some grey memories of her old man. She's growing up fast. Today was one of those days for her. She beat her old man in a mile run. She's clipping off 9 Min miles at 12. I could not keep up with her! Either she's getting older and faster or I'm getting older and slower!
That was exactly the impetus behind our decision to buy a boat as well!

I am so glad we did...on several levels. Not only did it get us all out in the fresh air, involved in wonderful activities, it provided a platform for many, many life lessons.

I could go on and on.....

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
She's home for the summer, and tucked away for the evening. Had a blast just cruising and creating wake for the jet skiers. Faster, faster, faster were the words of the day!

Purchasing the boat and subsequently buying a home on the lake was to provide amazing childhood memories for our boys (8 and 6).

Last edited:

Drinkwater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice Mel... now go get a real one .. LOL

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a beauty. Does it come with that little green shuttle craft?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lol...dealer sent the pics. No idea!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@txav8r thanks Mel! We bought the house after our first season with the boat. We really didn't like having to drive 30 minutes to the Marina, so now we just head out the back door. Now I just need a lift, and I wouldn't have to live her in the water for weeks at a time. However, my lift budget changed to an unexpected private school tuition budget for the boys. You have to love common core!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r thanks Mel! We bought the house after our first season with the boat. We really didn't like having to drive 30 minutes to the Marina, so now we just head out the back door. Now I just need a lift, and I wouldn't have to live her in the water for weeks at a time. However, my lift budget changed to an unexpected private school tuition budget for the boys. You have to love common core!
Good for you @cane.mba. Lifting their brains will do a lot more than lifting your boat.

Last edited:

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Absolutely, our issue was really with class sizes here. My third grader learned fractions, division, and some basic algebra (order of operations) over the summer. The class is still working on multiplication, so we're working at home to challenge him. My Kindergardener was in a class of 26, and it was just crazy, and too much for him to handle. It doesn't help that both boys inherited my ADHD, and the youngest has sensory processing issues on top of that. He easily gets over stimulated very easily, and was in hell going to school every day. Now he's in a class of 9 students, they finished thea kindergarden curriculum at Christmas, and moved on to the first grade curriculum. Plus they get two recess periods a day (which helps burn off that excess energy), Mandarin, Spanish, Art, Music, all of the subjects being cut or taken out of public school.

Does writing that check suck? Absolutely, but it's worth every penny to know the boys are happy, and being set up for success.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"Does writing that check suck? Absolutely, but it's worth every penny to know the boys are happy, and being set up for success."

"Teach a boy to fish and you feed him for a life time"