• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Silencing an alarm permanently

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am having an issue with my depth finder says ERR AND the alarm goes off I can silence it for about 10 minutes but it keeps coming back on is there a way to permanently silence an alarm

I am having an issue with my depth finder says ERR AND the alarm goes off I can silence it for about 10 minutes but it keeps coming back on is there a way to permanently silence an alarm
Unplug the buzzer...it’s behind the helm

I’m going to install an on off switch next weekend

Big hammer? ⚒ that should take of it!

I am having this issue as well since my ballast controller failed and Yamaha does not have them in stock. I debated cutting the wire, but was concerned it would just trigger more alarms. so I just zip tied a towel around the speaker to muffle the sound. with the door closed you can barely hear it. with music on, you can't hear it.

I am having this issue as well since my ballast controller failed and Yamaha does not have them in stock. I debated cutting the wire, but was concerned it would just trigger more alarms. so I just zip tied a towel around the speaker to muffle the sound. with the door closed you can barely hear it. with music on, you can't hear it.
Can you show a picture with location of speaker, please?

I will try to remember to take a picture this weekend, but in the meantime, if anyone wants to post a pic of behind their dash, I can try to point it out.

My solution: Right now the wire to that little screamer is cut BUT it is important to reconnect it so it does function. I plan on running the hot wire to a little toggle on the dash to turn it off when/if it does come back on just to get some peace of mind when it comes on.

Isn't the fix to set the min and max depth for alarm?

Isn't the fix to set the min and max depth for alarm?

That will work the transducer is functional. If it’s a comm error (most likely bad transducer) it will keep going off, much like the low voltage alarm.

My solution: Right now the wire to that little screamer is cut BUT it is important to reconnect it so it does function. I plan on running the hot wire to a little toggle on the dash to turn it off when/if it does come back on just to get some peace of mind when it comes on.
I like that idea...

I located the buzzer behind my dash - it's a round black piezo buzzer about the size of two thumbs, and I found that it has a rotating bezel that adjusts the opening size and volume output. I adjusted it to a medium volume and put electrical tape around it to hold it there. Now my depth gauge buzzer goes off when approaching the launch ramp dock as always, but it's not annoyingly loud, but still loud enough to hear when cruising if there's an issue.

Sometimes I run the boat low on fuel before trailering long distance and if I go to the beach that is close to the ramp the low gas alarm sounds while in float mode. Plenty of gas left for my use but it rings to let you know, you can press the screen to silence the alarm but every 10 to 15 minutes it’s back on. I put some material on it but needs more it’s to loud someone posted an aftermarket piezo alarm with great results.

I located the buzzer behind my dash - it's a round black piezo buzzer about the size of two thumbs, and I found that it has a rotating bezel that adjusts the opening size and volume output. I adjusted it to a medium volume and put electrical tape around it to hold it there. Now my depth gauge buzzer goes off when approaching the launch ramp dock as always, but it's not annoyingly loud, but still loud enough to hear when cruising if there's an issue.
I located the buzzer and see the rotating bezel but I haven't been able to lower the volume... not sure if I am doing it right... any trick to it? What about disconnecting it?

I located the buzzer and see the rotating bezel but I haven't been able to lower the volume... not sure if I am doing it right... any trick to it? What about disconnecting it?
I threw a piece of duct tape over mine before I replaced it and that quieted it down a lot.

It’s your only alarm so if you had an overheat or something you won’t get a beep if you disconnect it.

Back